BHU PMT 2020 Important Dates | Exam Date | Application Date
The Banaras Hindu University Pre Medical Test (BHU PMT) was previously conducted for admissions to the MBBS/BDS courses offered at the Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) of the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. From last year onwards, however, admissions to the MBBS/BDS courses of IMS are being done through the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT). The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) 2020 is likely to be held during the month of May 2020. Interested candidates should, therefore, appear for AIPMT-2020 and also register for admissions to the BHU MBBS/BDS courses separately. For detailed information regarding BHU PMT 2020, candidates can scroll below.
BHU PMT 2020 Tentative Dates of Application & Exam
|NEET UG Exam||May 2020|
|Result Declaration||Jun 2020|
|The first round of counselling|
|Online Application Form and choice filling||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Final date to submit the online application form and choice filling||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Payment of registration first round||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Choice locking||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Process of seat allotment||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Result of the first round of counseling||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Seat allotment letter to be released||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Reporting at the allotted college||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Last date to report at the respective college||1st week of Jul 2020|
|The second round of counseling|
|Online registration and choice filling||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Payment of application form||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Choice locking||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Processing of seat allotment||2nd week of July 2020|
|Seat allotment result to be released||The third week of Jul 2020|
|Reporting at the allotted college||The third week of Jul 2020|
|Final date to report at the college||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Transfer of vacant AQI seats to the university||1st week of August 2020|
** Note: The dates indicated above are as per last year’s schedule and is subject to change.
BHU PMT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are eligible to appear for AIPMT are eligible to register for BHU PMT admissions as well, irrespective of their State of domicile;
- In order to be considered eligible, the candidate should have attained a minimum of 17 years of age and should not be more than 25 years of age as per the AIPMT eligibility guidelines.
- The candidate should have also passed the 10+2 qualifying examination conducted under the direction of a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and English as primary subjects.
- As per the directives of AIPMT, the qualifying examination should have been passed with an aggregate minimum of 50% in the case of General category candidates, 40% in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates and 45% in the case of Physically Handicapped candidates with Locomotor Disability of lower limbs (more than 40%).
BHU PMT 2020 Application Form
The prescribed application form for candidates who wish to register for the BHU Pre-Medical Test-2020 will be made available at the official website of the University i.e bhu.ac.in. Candidates should complete their applications online and pay the requisite registration fee. The fee for registration is Rs.1000/- in the case of General and OBC candidates and Rs.600/- in the case of SC/ST candidates.
BHU PMT 2020 Admit Card
The admit cards for the BHU Pre Medical Test will be released online and candidates who have registered for the exam can download the same from the university’s official website. The admit card will also be sent to candidates via post at their registered postal address. The admit card is an important document for identification and candidates are advised to retain the same till the end of the admission process.
BHU PMT Exam Pattern
Admissions shall be done on the basis of AIPMT-2020. The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) will be for a duration of three hours and will comprise of a total of 180 questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The questions will be of the objective (Multiple Choice) type. The syllabus of the entrance exam will be in tune with the syllabus that has been prescribed by CBSE for Class XI & XII. Candidates have the option of choosing either Hindi or English as the medium for the written exam.
BHU PMT 2020 Results & Counselling
The results of AIPMT 2020 are expected to be declared in the first week of June 2020. Candidates, who have registered for admissions to the BHU MBBS/BDS Course-2020, should send a scanned copy of their original AIPMT-2020 score card within 15 days after the declaration of the results. Counselling for admissions is likely to commence in the first week of July 2020. Details pertaining to the counselling for admission will be updated on the IMS, BHU website from time to time, for the information of students.
BHU PMT 2020 Seat Matrix
Number of MBBS Seats
- A total of 84 seats is available for the MBBS course.
- 15% of the 84 seats i.e 13 seats shall be filled up through All India Quota.
- The remaining 71 seats shall be filled up through IMS, BHU counselling and the distribution of
- the same will be as illustrated in the table below:
|Number of MBBS seats||36||19||11||05||71*|
*Physically challenged candidates will be given 3% reservation (2 seats) as per the norms of the Government of India.
Number of BDS Seats:
- A total of 50 seats is available for the BDS course.
- 15% of the 50 seats i.e 8 seats shall be filled up through All India Quota.
- The remaining 42 seats shall be filled up through IMS, BHU counselling and the distribution of the same will be as illustrated in the table below:
|Number of MBBS seats||23||11||06||02||42*|
*Physically challenged candidates will be given 3% reservation (1 seat) as per the norms of the Government of India.
BHU PMT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates applying for the Pre-Medical Test should have attained a minimum of at least 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and should not be more than 25 years of age.
- As per the eligibility criteria of BHU PMT 2020, only candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or its equivalent, conducted under the direction of a recognized board will be eligible to appear for the exam.
- The qualifying examination should have been passed by the candidate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as major subjects. The candidate is also required to have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam, in case he/she belongs to the general or OBC category and an aggregate minimum of 40% in case he/she belongs to the SC/ST category.
- For candidates applying for the BHU B.Pharm courses, an aggregate minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination has been prescribed. The aggregate minimum for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category is, however, 55 percent.
- Candidates who will be appearing for the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or its equivalent in the same year are also eligible to apply, provided they are found to meet all the other conditions of the BHU PMT 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
Tentative Dates of Application:
- Date of issue of the application form: April 2020.
- Last Date for receipt of the application form: May 2020.
Instructions for filling in the BHU PMT 2020 Application Form:
The application process of BHU PMT is student-friendly and can be completed in four to five simple steps. Candidates are, however, required to have a computer that is backed with internet connectivity at their disposal to fill in the application form. The procedure to fill out the BHU PMT Application Form 2020 has been elaborated in simple steps below:
- Candidates will have to access the main web page of the University i.e bhu.ac.in first, to get started with the application process.
- Before beginning to fill in the application form, however, candidates are urged to read all the instructions that have been given.
- When filling up the application form, candidates should be careful to complete each section of the application with all the required information. Application forms that are incomplete or inappropriately filled are liable to be rejected.
- On successful submission of the BHU PMT Application Form, a receipt confirming the same along with a Provisional ID will be generated.
- Application forms that are not supported by the required documents will not, however, be processed. Candidates should, therefore, upload all the required documents as per the format and specifications that are given.
- The final step of the BHU PMT application process requires candidates to make payment of the requisite fee. The registration fee can be paid by the applicant online or offline.
BHU PMT Registration Fee:
- For General & OBC candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For Physically challenged, SC & ST candidates: Rs.600/-