UPSC CAPF 2020: The Union Public Service Commission is responsible for selecting eligible candidates for vacancies in the Assistant Commandants, (Group A category), in the CAPF, CRPF, CISF, SSB and the ITBP. Detailed notification with vacancies in each of the categories will be listed in the notification provided in April 2020. The notification will be available online and in the leading employment daily. A woman candidate who satisfies eligibility criteria may also apply online without a fee. All women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST are exempted from paying Rs. 200 as the application fee.
Important Dates for filling CAPF Application Form 2020
|UPSC CAPF 2020-Events||Date|
|UPSC CAPF Application form starts||April 22, 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Application last date||May 12, 2020|
|Release of UPSC CAPF Admit Card||July 31, 2020|
|UPSC CAPF 2020 exam date||August 9, 2020|
|Declaration of CAPF result||September 2020|
The official advertisement has also been released along with the application form. The advertisement bears the exhaustive details regarding the CAPF recruitment, so, candidates are advised to go through the same before filling the online application form. Here, one of the most important things to keep in mind is that those candidates who shall not satisfy the CAPF Eligibility Criteria are not supposed to apply.
Application Fee: An amount of Rs. 200/- (two hundred only) is required to be duly paid either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by Cash or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. You may also pay the fee in cash using the system generated Pay-in-Slip during Part-II registration. No fee is required to be paid by Female/ SC/ ST candidates.
Procedure for filling the CAPF Application Form 2020
Firstly, secure a scanned copy of your photograph and signature which you will have to upload while doing the online registration. Further, you will also need a valid e-mail id which should remain active throughout the recruitment process. Complete details with respect to the CAPF application process is detailed below for the perusal of the aspirants –
i. Access the link hosted here for filling the application process
ii. Start with filling the online application form divided into – Part 1 and Part -II
iii. Choose the desired post, enter all the details asked in the CAPF Application Form 2020.
iv. Make payment of the application fee in the prescribed mode.
v. Part-I registration is completed and registration number and password will be emailed to you
vi. Proceeding to Part-II registration, enter the relevant details.
vii. Now, upload the Photograph and signature in the required format and size.
viii. The application form is successfully submitted
ix. Generate the printed copy of the application form and retain it for your future records and reference.
CAPF Selection Procedure 2020
Basically, there are three stages laid down by the UPSC for the selection of personnel for the post of Assistant Commandants (Group A). Candidates will have to undergo the following stages:
- Written examination.
- Physical Standards, Physical Efficiency and Medical Standards Tests.
- Personal Interview.
Read further to know about the above in detail.
Stage I – Written Examination
The first stage is the written examination comprising of two papers as follows. Qualifying both these papers is essential to move further to the next selection stage:
|Paper I||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective||125||250||2 Hours|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Subjective||—||200||3 Hours|
Stage II – Physical Standards, Physical Efficiency and Medical Standards Tests
Candidates who shall be declared qualified in the written examination will be required to be presented for the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates, who shall meet the prescribed Physical Standards, will be asked to undergo through the Physical Efficiency Tests as detailed below:
Physical Standards: Minimum requirements are mentioned here as
|For Men||For Women|
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||81 cm (86 cm expanded)||NA|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET): CAPF Selection Procedure 2020
The following tests will be conducted at various Centers to be notified after the results of the written examination:
|1.||100 Meters race||in 16 seconds||in 18 seconds|
|2.||800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|3.||Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 Meters (3 chances)|
Stage III – Personal Interview
- As per the CAPF Selection Procedure 2016, qualified aspirants in the Medical Standards Tests then will be required to appear in the Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Commission. Medically unfit candidates shall be allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on request and be able to attend the Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
- Such candidates will be asked to mark their preference for the services in the Detailed Application Form (DAF)
- Judgment would be made on the personality and behavioral knowledge.
Final Selections: CAPF Selection Procedure 2020
Scored obtained in all of the above rounds will be considered for final selection by the Commission. Final selection list of the candidates will be published on the UPSC’s website.
CAPF Preparation Tips for the Written Examination
The written examination would be the first of the three stages of the selection procedure and they should take it as a challenging task. The paper would be competitive and thus they should keep in mind the following Preparation tips to get through this stage easily:
- There will be two papers in the written exam and thus the preparation should be done remarkably for both the papers. The paper 2 must be completed with more care as it carries more marks.
- Know the Syllabus well – Written exam will be based on the particular syllabus and exam pattern, so study according to the updated syllabus and exam pattern.
- Revise daily – Revision should be done on daily basis to examine preparation.
- Take Online Test – Online test can be a good option to get better exam performance.
- Regressive Methods – the candidates should redress the syllabus and prepare by conversing with their fellow mates.
- Keep Time – take good care of the time limit as it would get difficult if you don’t keep time with your self.
CAPF Preparation tips for the Physical Examination
The candidates who qualify in the written examination would then be subjected to the Medical examination where their physical abilities would be tested. The following tips must be kept in mind for the preparation of the Physical Examination:
- Physical efficiency test include physical activities like running, long jump, shot-put etc.
- Hence they should practice daily and keep in with the practice sessions on daily basis.
- Medical test will be done after physical efficiency test (PET). Make your body fit for better score in this test.
- It would be advised to the candidates to get a through medical checkup before going on for the Medical Examination as it would let them know about any anomaly and thereby would be able to correct it.
CAPF Preparation Tips 2020 for Interview Test
The candidates after the medical exam would be called for a personal interview where they would be subject to condition tests and other tests as well. Personal interview is conducted to check the candidate’s mental awareness and decision making aptitude. These are some of the points which the candidates must keep in mind before going on to participate in the Interview exam:
- The candidates should be dressed in formal dresses and must have a clean shave and short hair as it is a defense related interview.
- They must be very sensitive while entering the interview room and before taking seat.
- Be very polite and NEVER indulge in any fierce debate even if they tempt you to do the same.
- Polite tell them if you don’t know the answer to the any question.
General Tips for CAPF Preparation Tips 2020
The candidates should follow the following general points as per the CAPF Preparation Tips 2020:
- Know the Syllabus: The candidates aspiring for the CAPF Exam must apprehend the syllabus for the exam. Knowing the syllabus helps as much as knowing the enemy in a war does. You can easily exclude the topics in which you are not good and prepare better in those which you can easily do.
- Save Time, Attempt More: The candidates should learn the short tricks which works wonders in any type of preparation. Saving time in one question will automatically lead to candidates attempting more questions.
- Solve previous year questions: The candidates should repetitively solve the previous year question papers to keep in touch with the question asked in the examination. This would also help them know the level of the question paper.
Details as per UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020
There are two papers in the CAPF 2020 Exam and the candidates must acquaint themselves with whatever armor to easily dispatch every bouncer of questions to the fence. The following syllabus will help them prepare better for the exam.
CAPF Paper I syllabus – (General Ability and Intelligence)
This section has questions mainly from 6 topics for which the following are the syllabus:
In this section, the questions will be made mainly from the topics like logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, numerical ability, and data interpretation.
This topic will cover questions from the topic like the Information technology, science at the basic level of understanding. The candidates can refer to the higher secondary syllabus of the Science subject for better understanding.
Current Events of National and International Importance
Indian Polity and Economy
This section is a broader one. Every UPSC exam has questions from this section. To cater these topics, the candidates can refer to the NCERT text books of class 11 and 12.
History of India
Indian and World Geography
CAPF Paper II syllabus 2020: General Study, Essay and Comprehension
This part is subjective in nature and the syllabus of this examination covers the following syllabus. There are three sub parts in these papers namely A, B and C. the general information as per the parts is as follows:
Part-A: Essay question either in Hindi or English (80 Marks)
Basically the topics are from modern Indian History especially from the Freedom Struggle, Geography, Polity, Economy, Human rights Issues and current affair.
Part-B: Comprehension (120 Marks)
This paper can only be done in English. Mainly the topics are Comprehension Passages, Précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and language.
Complete Exam Pattern can be understood for the Paper 2 from the following table:
|Essay writing (Around 800 words)||1||80|
|Question from Comprehension and Passage||2||40|
|Counter Argument type questions||2||10|
|Other Grammar Questions||20|
|Total Marks for the Paper||200|
Details as per the CAPF Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates who wish to fill the above mentioned application form should be well acquainted with the CAP Eligibility Criteria 2020 as any deficiency found in the Application form will not be accepted or any candidate not meeting the eligibility criteria will not be allowed to take part in the Written Examination.
The CAPF Eligibility criteria 2020 can be divided into three types namely Age, Educational and the Physical Eligibility. Let us understand these eligibility criterion’s very precisely:
The candidates applying for the CAPF 2020 Exam must be aged between 20 years to 24 years of age. In other words the candidates should be born after 2 August 1990 and before 1 August 1995. The candidates who will be aged more or less than the prescribed age will not be entertained.
However the Commission has allowed age relaxation as per the permission of the constitution of India. The age relaxation for the reserved category candidates are as follows:
|Serial Number||Category||Relaxation in age|
|1||Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||05 years|
|2||Other backwards classes OBC-NCL||03 years|
|3||Ex-Servicemen of the army||05 years|
|4||The original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||05 years|
The candidates who want to fill the Application should necessarily be an Indian Citizen. The candidates who have migrated from the other countries should refer to the official brochure for more detailed information.
Only male candidates are eligible for recruitment at the post of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB, ITBP and BSF.
Female candidates can apply for CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF and not ITBP.
The candidates who wish to fill the application form should have a graduation degree from a recognized university by UGC and approved AICTE.
The candidates need to follow the following physical standards given in the table as per the CAPF Eligibility Criteria 2020 is concerned –
|1||Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|2||Chest||81 cm (86 cm expanded)||Not Applicable|
|3||Weight||50 kg||46 kg
What does CAPF Cutoff imply ?
The Commission decides a standard score to measure the performance of the candidates. The score is decided as per the discretion of the Commission however, certain range of factors is taken into the consideration
- Number of vacancies.
- Number of candidates competed in the exam.
- Pass percentage of the candidates.
- Difficulty level of the examination.
- Lowest and average scores etc.
The CAPF Cutoff is usually announced with the results. The aim of implementing the criteria of cutoff is to delimit the number of intake of the candidates for the further selection stage. Candidates are suggested to prepare well to score fairly good marks in the exam. The Cutoff shall somewhat differ the respective categories. The CAPF 2016 Exam is comprised of Paper- I (General Ability and Intelligence) and Paper- II (General Studies, Essay and Comprehension). Candidates will have to score at least same or more than the cutoffs for both.
Previous Years CAPF Cutoff (2014, 2013)
We have made tabulated here the CAPF Cutoff for the year 2013 and 2014 for Paper- I (General Ability and Intelligence ) (out of 250) and combined cutoff for Paper- I and Paper- II (Out of 450) however, there is variable minimum qualifying percentage for the Paper- II (General Studies, Essay and Comprehension). Candidates can refer the cutoffs to get an idea of the range of the cutoff marks of CAPF.
CAPF Cutoff 2014
Cut-off marks (Out of 250) of Paper-I:
Cut-off marks (Out of 450) of Written Qualified
|Subject to 30% minimum qualifying marks in paper-II ( Min. 60 Marks out of 200)|
Marks (Out of 600) Obtained by the Last Recommended Candidate
CAPF Cutoff 2013
Cut-off marks (Out of 250) of Paper-I
Cut-off marks (Out of 450) of Written Qualified
|Subject to 25% minimum qualifying marks in paper-II( Min. 50 Marks out of 200)|
Marks (Out of 600) obtained by the Last Recommended Candidate