COMEDK PGET 2020
COMEDK PGET 2020 was held on January by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. Then, on February at 12:00 pm, the conducting body released the result of the exam. Candidates can check it from the candidates User ID only. The result has been released as the rank card, which the candidates are expected to download and secure properly. For more information regarding COMEDK PGET including the test procedures, eligibility criteria etc candidates can scroll below.
COMEDK PGET 2020 Result available under candidate’s user id.
Important Dates of COMEDK PGET 2020
|Registration Starts on||19-Jan-2020|
|Registration Ends on||19-Apr-2020|
|Admit Card Date||05-Apr-2020|
|Exam Starts on||10-May-2020|
|Counselling Starts on||01-Jun-2020|
COMEDK PGET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The COMEDK Post Graduate Entrance Test is open to candidates from all over the country. There are, however, certain eligibility requirements that all the applicants are expected to meet. The basic eligibility criteria for the PGET Exam have been given below:
- The applicant should hold an MBBS/BDS degree from an Institution that is recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.
- In the case of applicants who are Indian nationals but hold the recognized degree from a Foreign University, the degree ought to be duly registered in the particular country from where it is obtained;
- The qualifying degree should have been passed with a minimum of 50% marks for candidates who have been included in the General Merit category and 40% marks for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category and OBC category of Karnataka state.
- Applicants also ought to have completed or should be completing their internship by April 2017 latest.
- The applicant is also required to have permanent registration with the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India or any other State Medical or Dental Council and should meet all the stipulated requirements of the MCI/DCI as given from time to time.
Candidates who will not be considered to appear for the Entrance Test
- Applicants who already hold a PG degree in any specialty;
- Applicants who are pursuing a PG degree or diploma in any clinical specialty, subsequent to securing a seat through COMEDK in the prior years;
- Applicants who were selected for a seat through COMEDK before, but failed to join the college or neglected to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or did not pursue the course after having joined the college so selected;
- Applicants who have been previously suspended on grounds of any examination malpractice.
COMEDK PGET 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates will have to register and submit their applications for the Post Graduate Entrance Test through Comedk.org. Detailed instructions on how to fill out and submit the online application form have been provided on the website. All applicants will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.3000/-. The fee can be paid via Bank Challan at any branch of the Axis Bank or any other online methods of payment such as Credit Card, Debit Card etc.
COMEDK PGET 2020 Online Test Admission Ticket
Soft copies of the Online Test Admission Ticket will be made available at the COMEDK website from 13th February. The Admission Tickets can be downloaded through the applicant login of the website. All the concerned candidates should get a printout of their Admission Tickets for acceptable identification at the time of the entrance test. Separate physical copies of the admit card will not be issued. The Admission Ticket is to be retained until the entire admission process is complete.
Test Scheme of COMEDK PGET 2020
Separate tests will be held for the PG Medical and PG Dental courses. The syllabi for the entrance test will be outlined with respect to the syllabus that has been prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India for the M.B.B.S/B.D.S degree courses. The test will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions only. Each test will have a total of 180 questions. The test for both the Medical Stream and the Dental Stream will have two sections-one comprising of Direct MCQ’s and the second consisting of Clinical vignettes linked MCQs. The Entrance Test will be for a duration of three hours.
COMEDK PGET Result 2020
The results of the COMEDK Post Graduate Entrance Test has been declared. The result has been made available under the individual login of the official COMEDK website i.e comedk.org. Based on the performance of candidates in the entrance test, the final merit/rank list is compiled. This will be followed by centralized counselling. Candidates should report for the counselling for admissions with a print out of their Online Rank Card. Hard copies of the rank card would not be dispatched. Candidates will be selected for admissions in the member institutions on the basis of their merit in the entrance test.
Guidelines for filling in the COMEDK PGET 2020 Application Form:
The guidelines for filling out the online Application Form for COMEDK PGET 2020 should be read carefully. Once an application has been submitted online, candidates will not be allowed to make any changes. Candidates should, therefore, go through each section of the application slowly and carefully and even check back the information that they have typed in, time and again. Follow the steps given below to find out how to fill in the COMEDK PGET Application Form:
Step I: Registration
- The first step that is required of applicants is to register at the official website of COMEDK i.e Comedk.org.
- To complete registration, applicants will have to provide their name as it appears in their SSLC/ Class 10th Marks Card), their mobile number, a valid Email-ID and a unique ID Proof and Number, the original copy of which will have to be produced at the time of the exam.
- Once the registration has been successfully completed, candidates will receive a User ID and Password on their Mobile Number and E-mail address indicated by them.
- Candidates will have to log in with this unique User ID and Password that has been assigned to them to complete the remaining part of the application process.
Step II: Application Form Filling
- The COMEDK PGET Application Form will consist of about four to five main sections.
In the first section of the application, candidates will have to furnish some personal details such as their Nationality, Gender, Father’s Name, category, an address for correspondence and Permanent address etc.
- In the second part of the online application, candidates will be asked for various educational details and the details of their internship such as the month and year of completing the internship, the name of the institution last studied in, Year of Passing etc.
- Candidates will also be asked to indicate their Test City Preference. A minimum of at least three different cities in order of preference and priority will have to be indicated by candidates.
- The final part of the application will require candidates to fill in their payment details.
- At the end of the application form, candidates will have to undertake a declaration. Candidates are instructed not to agree to the declaration without understanding its implications.
Documents to be uploaded along with the COMEDK PGET 2020 Application Form:
- Scanned copy of the Unique ID i.e Adhar card/PAN card/Voter’s ID/Driving License/Passport (only the first and last pages of unexpired passport);
- Scanned digital image of the candidate’s photograph. The photograph must be recent, of passport size and a color picture of dimensions 30mm*45mm. Only images in the JPEG & .JPEG format will be accepted.
- Scanned digital image of the candidate’s signature in the JPEG & .JPEG format. The signature image should be of a file size of 80 kb maximum and of dimensions 35 X 80 mm.
Scanned copy of the Challan for Offline payments if applicable.
COMEDK PGET 2020 Application Fee:
- For COMEDK PGET only- Rs.3000/-
- For Uni-GAUGE PGMD only- Rs.2500/-
- For COMEDK PGET + Uni-GAUGE PGMD- Rs.4500/-