CUCET Masters 2018
A brief on CUCET 2018:
Central University of Rajasthan will release the CUCET 2018 application form tentatively in the third week of March. Candidates who wish to get admission to M.Tech programmes offered by ten of the participating central universities can fill the CUCET application form 2018 in online mode. GATE qualified candidates do not need to appear in CUCET 2018, as they are directly eligible for the admission. However, before filling CUCET 2018 application form, candidates need to meet the other eligibility criteria set by the admissions committee such as age limit and educational qualification. Along with the CUCET application form 2018, candidates belonging to the general category will have to pay Rs. 800 as application fee either through online or offline. CUCET is a common entrance exam conducted by the Central University of Rajasthan for admission to the various PG programmes available in ten participating central universities. CUCET 2018 will be conducted tentatively in the second week of May. Candidates can read the full article to get detailed information about the application form of CUCET 2018.
CUCET 2018 will be conducted in pen and paper mode by the admission authorities. The examination will be divided into two parts – Part A will consist of questions from English, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills whereas Part B will be designed to test the candidates’ domain knowledge and will include questions from graduate syllabus. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Important Dates of CUCET Application Form 2018
|S.No||Event Details||Date (Tentative)|
|1||Start date of online registration||Third week of March|
|2||Last date to register online||Third week of April|
|3||CUCET 2018||Second week of May|
Things to Keep Ready Before Filling the CUCET 2018 Application Form
Mentioned below are the things that need to keep handy before proceeding towards filling CUCET application form 2018
- Scanned Photograph in prescribed format and dimension
- Scanned copy of signature in prescribed format and dimension
- All the essential academic documents.
- Valid email address
How to Apply for CUCET Application Form 2018
The application form of CUCAT 2018 will be available in online mode tentatively from the third week of March. Candidates need to follow mentioned below steps to fill and submit the CUCAT 2018 application form.
Steps Involved in Filling CUCET Application Form 2018
- Fill details in the Application Form
- Upload Photograph and Signature
- Course Registration
- Payment of Application Fees
Step 1- Registration
To register, candidates need to enter given details:
- Name of the candidate
- Valid e-mail address
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth and
- Password (make sure that it is of minimum of 6 characters)
After successful registration candidate will get a mail and message to the respective register mail id and mobile. Candidates also need to note down the application ID, printed on the top of the CUCET 2018 application form.
Note: Keep the application ID of CUCET 2018 safely for future reference. Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms after registering.
Step 2- Fill details in the Application Form
After registering, candidates need to re-login using their application ID and password and enter personal and academic details. Mentioned below are the details that need to fill by candidates:
- Personal details (Father name, Gender, category, Aadhaar number, nationality etc)
- Details of qualifying exams (Name of the board, marks obtained, passing year, percentage, grade, etc)
- Valid GATE Scores (if applicable)
- Address for correspondence
- Exam Centre
- Verification code
Save the above-mentioned details and proceed to next step.
Step 3- Upload Photograph and Signature
In this step, candidates need to upload his/her photograph and signature in the prescribed format and ratio. Mentioned below is the details about the photograph and signature that need to be upload:
|Particulars||Scanned Photograph||Scanned Signature|
|File Size||10kb to 100 kb||5 to 20 KB|
|Dimensions||200 x 230 pixels (preferred)||140 x 60 pixels (preferred)|
Step 4- Course Registration
Candidates will have to register for the three courses in a particular selected program from each university. That is candidates can apply for a maximum of 3 M.Tech programmes offered by different participating institutions.
Step 5- Payment of Application Fees
After entering all the details, review and edit (if required) application form of CUCET 2018 and proceed towards the payment. Application fees can be paid in both online and offline mode. The application fees of CUCET 2018 for general/OBC candidates is Rs 800 and Rs 350 for reserved categories. PWD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
CUCET Application Form Fee 2018
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||Rs 800 for three PUs||Rs 800||Rs. 50||Rs. 850|
|SC/ST||Rs 350 for three PUs||Rs 350||Rs. 400|
|PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
Note: *No extra charges are to be paid by the candidates if paying through online/debit/credit card.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can either pay CUCET 2018 application fee either through online (credit/debit card/Netbanking) or offline (SBI Challan).
Candidates must note that an additional charge of Rs 50 has to be paid by all those who will opt for offline payment in the form of bank commission.
What After CUCET Application Fee Payment?
After the successful payment of application fee of CUCET 2018, following options will be displayed:
- View Your CUCET 2018 application form
- Check your payment status
- Do you want to add more courses
Note: In this stage, candidates can apply for additional courses by paying the additional fees as specified.
On What Basis CUCET Application Form 2018 Can Be Rejected?
Mentioned below are the criteria on the basis of which candidate’s application form of CUCET 2018 can be rejected:
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear
- If candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the examination authority
- If false details are entered by the candidate
How To Check the Status of CUCET Application Form 2018
- Only candidates whose application form have been accepted will receive the application status.
- Candidates will receive the application status on their registered email address and mobile number.
- Candidates who have paid online will receive the intimation immediately.
- Offline payment candidates will receive the same within 2 to 3 days after reconciliation from the bank
What After CUCET 2018 Application Form
After the submission of application form, the admit card of CUCET 2018 will be available for candidates from first week of May. Candidates can download the CUCET 2018 admit card by entering their application number and password.
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The exam pattern of CUCET 2018 lists out all of the information that the candidates are required to know before the examination is held. Details regarding the duration, mode, types of questions asked, marking scheme and more related to the exam are listed in the table below for the candidates to refer.
|1||Mode of Examination||Offline i.e., Pen and Paper Based|
|2||Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|3||Medium of Exam||English|
|4||Types of Questions||Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|5||Sections||There will be two sections in CUCET 2018
Part A – English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills
Part B – Domain Knowledge and Questions from Graduate Syllabus
|6||Number of Questions||Part A – 25 Questions
Part B – 75 Questions
|7||Marking Scheme||3 marks will be allotted for each correct answer|
|8||Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response|
Details about CUCET Exam Pattern – Part B
- Part B may be made up of one/two/three or more sections.
- The number of sections that the candidates will be required to answer will be written at the front cover of the question booklet.
- For example, if Part B has four sections consisting of 25 questions each, then the candidates will be specified which three sections they have to answer.
- If Part B exam paper contains X number of sections and a candidate is required to answer Y number of sections, but the candidate attempts all of X sections then the best of X sections as per the instruction in question booklet will be considered for preparation of Merit list.
CUCET Syllabus 2018
Candidates can check the syllabus of CUCET 2018 from the table given below. The syllabus of each course is different, therefore, the candidates will have to accordingly download the syllabus for course they selected. By checking the CUCET 2018 syllabus, the candidates will be able to know which topics they will have to study. Through CUCET exam pattern and syllabus 2018, the candidates will be able to prepare for the examination.
|S.No||Name of the Course||University||Test Paper Code||CUCET Syllabus Link|
|1||Computer Science and Technology||CUJAM||PGQP32||Download|
|2||Water Engineering and Management||CUJHD||PGQP36||Download|
|6||Food Science and Technology||CUPUN||PGQP35||Download|
|7||Computer Science and Technology (Cyber Security)||CUPUN||PGQP32||Download|
|8||Computer Science||Central University of South Bihar||PGQP32||Download|
CUCET Admit Card 2018
Central University of Rajasthan will issue the CUCET 2018 admit card tentatively in the first week of May 2018. Those candidates who have filled and submitted the application form will be able to download the CUCET admit card 2018. Using their application number and password, the candidates will have to access and download CUCET 2018 admit card. No candidate will be allowed to sit for CUCET without his/her admit card. The admit card of CUCET 2018 will consist of the details regarding the examination venue, date and timings. Before downloading the CUCET admit card 2018, the candidates will have to check if all of the information present along with the picture and signature are clear or not. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates will have to inform the admission authorities. Check the full article to know more information about the admit card of CUCET 2018.
Important Dates of CUCET Admit Card 2018
|1||Release of CUCET 2018 Admit Card||First week of May 2018|
|2||CUCET 2018||Third week of May 2018|
|3||Announcement of Result||Second week of June 2018|
Steps to Download CUCET Admit Card 2018
The admit card of CUCET 2018 will be released in online mode. The candidates will have to download the admit card and present it to the authorities at the exam centre. It has to be noted that without the admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. To download the CUCET 2018 admit card, the candidates can follow the given steps:
- Candidates will be required to first login using his/her password and application number which will be generated during the registration process.
- The admit card of CUCET 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- All of the details present in the admit card has to be checked by the candidates for any mistakes.
- Next, the candidates will have to download and take two printouts of the admit card on A4 size paper.
In case of any discrepancy in the CUCET admit card/hall ticket 2018, the candidates are requested to contact the admission authorities.
Details Present in CUCET 2018 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
After logging into their account, the candidates will be able to check the following details in CUCET admit card 2018:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number of the Candidate
- Examination Venue
- Date and Time of CUCET 2018
Highlights of CUCET Admit Card 2018
- The admit card of CUCET 2018 will be available only in online mode.
- Candidates will have to take care that no part of the admit card is destroyed. If any information present in the admit card is damaged or unrecognizable, then the candidates will not be allowed to take the examination.
- All candidates have to produce CUCET 2018 admit card at the examination venue.
- It is important for the candidates to safe-keep the admit card until the admission formalities are completed since it might be required anytime.