CUSAT M.Tech Admission
A brief on CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020:
Cochin University of Science and Technology provides M.Tech admissions to all eligible candidates through CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020. The admission procedure is conducted on the basis of the GATE scores of the candidates. Registrations for CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 will start tentatively in the second week of February 2020. All candidates will have to fill and submit the application form successfully to be registered for CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020. Each candidate should meet the specified eligibility criteria. Ineligible candidates will not be allotted seats in the available M.Tech courses. While preparing the rank list, the candidates’ GATE scores will be considered for CUSAT M.Tech Admission. Non-GATE qualified candidates will have to qualify a Department Admission Test (DAT). Allotted candidates will be called in for document verification and payment of fees. Provisional admission letter will be generated after the payment is done. Check the full article to know more information about CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 such as programmes offered, important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, result, counselling, etc.
Quick Facts of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020
|Name of Admission Procedure||Cochin University of Science and Technology M.Tech Admission|
|Commonly Known As||CUSAT M.Tech Admission|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Number of M.Tech Courses Offered||19|
|Type of Admission||Post Graduation|
|Level of Admission||University Level|
|Channel of Admission||GATE|
CUSAT M.Tech Admission Dates 2020
The candidates can check the important dates of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 that have been listed out in the table below:
|1||Release of Admission Notification||First week of February 2020|
|2||Start of Application Form||Second week of February 2020|
|3||Final Date to Submit Filled Application Form||Fourth week of February 2020|
|4||Last Date to Submit Application Form with fine of Rs. 100||First week of March 2020|
|5||Extended Date for M.Tech Online Registration (without fine)||Third week of March to Third week of April 2020|
|6||Extended Date for M.Tech Online Registration (with Rs. 100 fine)||Third week to Fourth week of April 2020|
|7||Release of Rank List||Fourth week of May 2020|
|8||Counselling||Fourth week of May to Fourth week of June 2020|
CUSAT M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 are the requirements that the candidates will have to meet for admissions. The following criteria will have to be satisfied by the candidates:
- The candidates should have qualified B.Tech/BE/B.Sc engineering degree in the respective discipline from any University of Kerala or an equivalent examination with atleast 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 in 10 point scale.
- Candidates should have qualified GATE 2020 with a valid score. For applicants interested in M.Tech Marine Biotechnology and Marine Engineering, GATE score is not required. These candidate will have to qualified JNU CEE M.Tech 2020.
- Non-GATE qualified candidates will have to appear in Department Admission Test (DAT) that will be later conducted for vacant seats.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020
|1||Atmospheric Science||Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA Grade in M.Sc Degree in Meteorology/Oceanography/Physics/Space Physics/Mathematics/B.Tech.in Civil/Mechanical/Naval Architecture and Ship Building with preference to
valid GATE score/National Eligibility Test (NET/UGC/CSIR) qualified candidates.
|2||Engineering Statistics||· B.Tech or equivalent Degree or AMIE in any discipline or AMIIChE with first class (60%) from any recognized University or Institution
· A valid GATE score.
· In the absence of applicants with GATE others can also be considered on the basis of the performance in DAT.
|3||Ocean Technology||· M.Sc. Degree in Oceanography/Physics/Marine Geology/Meteorology/ Marine Geophysics/Environmental Sciences or M.Sc (Tech) Degree in Marine Geophysics or B.Tech or equivalent Degree/AMIE in Civil Engineering/Environmental Sciences with 60% marks from any recognized University or Institution.
· A valid GATE score in any of the subjects mentioned above as the second paper.
· In the absence of applicants with GATE, others can also be considered on the basis of the performance in DAT.
|4||Industrial Catalysis||· M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry or any other degree recognized as equivalent with at least a First Class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution with a valid GATE score.
· In the absence of applicants with GATE , others can also be considered on the basis of the performance in DAT.
|5||Polymer Technology||B.Tech or equivalent degree/AMIE in Polymer Science and Rubber Technology/Chemical Engineering/Technology or M.Sc. Polymer Chemistry/
M.Sc. Chemistry with Polymer Chemistry as specialization with a First Class (60%) marks from any Recognized University or Institution.
|6||Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design||B.Tech or Equivalent degree in Naval Architecture and Ship Building/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with first class (60%) marks from any
Recognized University or Institution.
|7||Opto-Electronics and Laser Technology||· Master’s Degree in Physics/Electronics/Photonics/ B.Tech or BE Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering /Electrical and Electronics Engineering with a First Class (60%) from any recognized University or Institution
· A valid GATE score in concerned branch of study
· If sufficient number of candidates with GATE score in concerned branch of study are not available, candidate with GATE score in instrumentation will be considered. If sufficient numbers of GATE score holders are not available a pass in DAT is sufficient.
|8||Electronics and Communication Engineering||· B.Tech or Equivalent Degree/AMIE/AMIETE in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation or M.Sc.Degree in Electronics/Physics (with Electronics as specialization) with a First Class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution
· A valid GATE score in Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering branch of study
· If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available in category 2 above, candidates GATE score in Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Electrical Engineering or Physics will be considered. In the absence of the GATE qualified candidates. Non-GATE candidates can be admitted on the basis on the basis of DAT.
|9||Computer and Information Science||· B.Tech or equivalent degree/AIMIETE/AMIE in the branch of Computer Science or Information Technology or Electronics & Communication or MCA with a First class (60% marks) applicable to all the above, from any recognized university or institution.
· A Valid GATE score in the subject “Computer Science & Information Technology”.
|10||Software Engineering||· B.Tech or equivalent degree/AIMIETE/AMIE in the branch of Computer Science or Information Technology or Electronics & Communication or MCA with a First class (60% marks) applicable to all the above, from any recognized university or institution.
· A Valid GATE score in the subject “Computer Science & Information Technology”.
|11||Computer Science with Specialization in Embedded System||· First class B.Tech Degree in Computer Science & Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Information Technology/Electronics Engineering or equivalent branches/MCA with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA
· A minimum of one year experience in an Industry of repute or a University/Institution recognized by appropriate statutory bodies.
|12||Marine Biotechnology||B.Tech/BE in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biotechnology, Biomedical
Engineering, B.Pharm, Chemical Technology or M.Sc.in Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany/Zoology/Biochemistry, Microbiology/ Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics, Marine Biology/ Aquatic Biology and Fisheries/Environmental Biotechnology/Mariculture with 60% marks or Equivalent CGPA from any recognized Indian or Foreign University. For admission to M.Tech Marine Biotechnology GATE score is not
considered. Selection of candidates is done by JNU on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
|13||Civil Engineering with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering||· Should have passed B.Tech/BE/B.Sc Engineering Degree Examination in Civil Engineering branch with a minimum 60% marks from any University in Kerala or an examination of any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
· The candidates who have passed sections A&B examinations conducted by the Institution of Engineers (India) – AMIE in Civil branch shall be eligible.
|14||Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Thermal Engineering||Should have passed B.Tech/BE/B.Sc Engineering Degree Examination in Mechanical, Automobile, Aerospace, Aeronautical branches with a minimum of
60% marks from any University in Kerala or an examination of any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto. Candidates who have passed sections A and B examinations conducted by the Institution of Engineers (India) – AMIE or similar equivalent examinations in the branches
mentioned above with a minimum of 60% of marks shall also be eligible.
|15||Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Wireless Technology||Should have passed B.Tech/BE/B.Sc Engineering Degree Examination in Electronics or Electrical and Electronics or Electronics and Communication branch with a minimum 60% marks from any University in Kerala or an examination of any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.|
|16||Software Systems||Should have passed B.Tech/BE/B.Sc Engineering Degree Examination in Information Technology/ Computer Science and Engineering/Computer
Engineering/Biomedical Engineering/Electronics and Communication/Electronics/Electrical and Electronics branch with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 in 10-point scale from any University of Kerala or an
examination of any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
|17||Industrial Safety (Specialization – HSE Management)||· B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc. Engg. in Aerospace Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Fire Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/ Safety & Fire Engineering Production Engineering.
· Two seats shall be reserved for candidates with B.Tech Degree in Safety & Fire Engineering/B.E Degree in Fire Engineering. They can be selected through Departmental Admission Test (DAT). If such candidates are not available, these seats shall be filled as per the normal rules.
|18||Computer Science and Engineering (with Specialization in Network
|· B.Tech or equivalent Degree/AMIETE/ AMIE in Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/Electronics and Communication Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 in 10 point scale from any recognized University in Kerala or any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
· A valid GATE score.
· In the absence of sufficient number of candidates with GATE score, candidate without GATE score shall also be considered based on the performance in the Departmental Admission Test (DAT).
|19||Marine Engineering||Shall have passed B.Tech/BE/BS.Degree in Marine Engineering or B.Tech/B.Sc.(Engg.) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or B.Tech Degree in Naval Architecture and Ship Building with a minimum of 60% marks or an examination of any other University/Institution accepted by this University as equivalent there to with 60% marks. Preference will be given to those who have passed MEO class IV examination or a minimum of 2 years professional experience in Ship Building/Ship Repair Yard/Ship
Design Office/Indian Navy.
CUSAT M.Tech Application Form 2020
The application form of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 will be available in online mode for all interested candidates tentatively from the second week of February 2020. All candidates will have to submit the fill application form otherwise they will not be considered for the admission procedure. The given steps can be followed by the candidates to fill the CUSAT M.Tech 2020 application form:
Step 1 – Registration – In the first step, the candidates will have to register themselves by submitting the following information:
- Name (as in 10thstandard certificate)
- Date of Birth
- Age (as on January 1, 2020)
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
After registration, an email and SMS will be sent to the candidates’ registered mobile number and email id with a One Time Password (OTP) for login purposes.
Step 2 – Filling the Online Application Form – Next, the candidates will have to fill the online application form of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020. All of the submitted information should be valid. Incorrect or invalid application forms will be rejected by the concerned authorities.
- Personal Details– The candidates will have to fill their name, age, gender, category, parent’s name, annual income of the family and more.
- Academic Details– The detailed information about the candidates’ academic qualifications will have to filled.
- Selection of the preferred course has to be done
- Graduate candidates will have to select the subsidiary subjects of their degree. One subject should be entered as main and the other two as subsidiaries for more than one subject.
- The candidates will have to select two exam centres from the provided list according to their preference.
Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Images – The photograph and signature of the candidates will have to be scanned and uploaded. The size and dimensions of the scanned images should be according to the specifications mentioned by the admission authorities.
Image Specifications for CUSAT M.Tech Application Form
|Scanned Images||File Size||Dimensions||Pixels||Format|
The photograph should be in colour and recently taken. The name of the candidate and date should be printed at the bottom with black paint on a white background.
|4KB to 100KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||132 pixels x 170 pixels||JPG|
The signature should be done on a white paper with a black ink pen.
|1KB to 30KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||132 pixels x 57 pixels||JPG|
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fees – All of the candidates will have to pay the application fees after two working days from the date of filling the CUSAT M.Tech application form. It is to be noted that the application form will be rejected if the application form is not paid on time. The payment can be done in both online and offline mode.
- Offline Mode– The candidates will have to download the challan and make the payment in cash at the nearest SBT/SBI Bank. Journal number and branch code must be entered correctly by the bank in the given space.
- Online Mode – For online mode of payment, the candidates will have to select Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL) and enter the fee type as printed in the challan. After that, click on “Submit” button. In “Validation Date” box, the date of birth has to be entered and in “Fee Reference Number” box, the registration number has to be submitted. Print out of the transaction details has to be taken by the candidates for future reference.
|Category||Application Fees (in Rs.)|
|General Category||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 500|
The final confirmation page can be printed out by the candidates two days after the payment of the application fee.
CUSAT M.Tech Rank List 2020
The rank list of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 will be released separately for all disciplines. The tentative date for the declaration of the rank list is the fourth week of May 2020. The candidates’ GATE scores or performance in DAT will be considered while preparing the CUSAT M.Tech 2020 rank list. The counselling and allotment process will be conducted according to the candidates’ ranking in the list. The CUSAT M.Tech rank list will consist of the following information:
- Rank of the candidate
- Registration Number
- Name of the Candidate
- GATE Score
- Date of Birth
- GATE Subject
- Category of the Candidate
CUSAT M.Tech Counselling 2020
Candidates who are listed in the released rank list of CUSAT M.Tech Admission 2020 will have to register themselves for the counselling session. All of the candidates will be allotted according to their ranking which has been determined as per their GATE scores. The given steps has to be followed to successfully complete the CUSAT M.Tech counselling process:
Step 1 – Option Entry – The shortlisted candidates will have to login using their user name and password. The candidates will also have to select their category – Keralite or Non-Keralite. After completing this process, the candidates will have to select their preferred choices of courses and colleges. The candidates can select as many options as they wish for by adding them using the Confirm button. The options can be changed or edited by the candidates till the final date of option entry. The options submitted during registration will be considered final for those candidates who are not able to exercise the option entry process.
Step 2 – Seat Allotment – The list of allotted candidates will be announced in online mode. The admission authorities will select the candidates based on their ranking in the merit list and fulfilment of eligibility criteria. Call letters will not be issued and the candidates will have to check the schedule to know about the date and venue for document verification, fee payment and more. The selected candidates are required to attend the document verification process with their parents/guardian.
Step 3 – Registration – Selected candidates will have to be physically present for the counselling session. The candidates will have to register themselves at the venue within the time specified by the concerned authorities.
Step 4 – Verification of Documents – The following original documents have to be produced by the candidates for verification along with two sets of attested copies. The candidates will be termed ineligible for admission if the documents are not verified properly.
- GATE Admit Card
- GATE Score Card
- Confirmation Page of CUSAT M.Tech 2020 Application Form
- 10thstandard Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- 12thstandard Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Degree Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Certificate to prove Keralite Status
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended institute
- Conduct/Character Certificate from the last attented institute
- Migration Certificate
- Four Passport Size Photographs
- Category Certificates (if applicable)
Step 5 – Payment of Fee – After the documents are successfully verified, the candidates will have to collect the fee challan. The specified fees have to be paid by the candidates at the SBT counter. The payment can be done through cash, demand draft, credit/debit card and RTGS funds transfer facility.
Step 6 – Provisional Admission Letter – The candidates will be able to obtain their provisional admission letter after producing their paid fee challan at the designated counter. While collecting the provisional admission letter, the candidates will also be allowed to use the higher option cancellation facility. This facility will be open for use only once in the whole admission procedure.
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Thrikkakara, South Kalamassery
Kochi, Kerala – 682022