A brief on DASA PG 2020:
Admissions for Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/NonResident Indians (NRIs) under DASA scheme of MHRD will be conducted by VNIT, Nagpur. Through DASA PG 2020, candidates get admission into the M.Tech programmes available at the NITs, IIEST, IIITs, Central Universities, Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) and other premier Technical Institutions in India. Candidates who wish to apply through DASA PG 2020 must have valid GRE test score. To apply for DASA PG 2020, candidates can fill the application form tentatively in third week of April. Candidates need to pay the application fee along with the application form before the prescribed deadline to submit the DASA PG 2020 application form. Before proceeding towards filling the application form, candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria of DASA PG 2020. The admission authority will prepare the merit list based on the GRE score and order of preference submitted by the candidates. Candidates will allotted seat into the participating institutes based on their merit. The seat allotment of DASA PG will be done in two rounds. To get more information about the DASA PG 2020, candidates are suggested to read the full article.
DASA PG Overview
|Name of the Admission Process||Direct Admission for Students Abroad PG|
|Commonly Known as||DASA PG|
|Conducting Institute||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur|
|Selection Criteria||GRE Test Score|
|Mode of Application||Online|
DASA PG Important Dates 2020
Candidates applying for DASA scheme must keep a track on all the important dates related to the DASA PG 2020. Candidates can do so by following given below table.
|S. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Start date of DASA PG application form (Online)||Third week of April|
|2||Last date to submit application form of DASA PG (Online)||Third week of June|
|3||Last date for receipt of GRE general test score||Last week of June|
|4||Seat allotment (First round)||First week of July|
|5||Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted seat in Round 1||First to second week of July|
|6||Seat allotment (second round)||Second week of July|
|7||Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted seat in Round 2||Second to third week of July|
|8||Reporting to allocated institutes||Third week of July|
DASA PG Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates before proceeding towards filling the application form must check and meet the DASA 2020 eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of DASA PG 2020 consist of all the parameters that are essential to meet to be eligible to apply for the entrance. Parameters such as minimum academic qualification, age criteria, qualifying marks, nationality of the candidate are included in the DASA PG eligibility criteria 2020. Candidates who will fulfill these criteria will be considered for the admission in M.Tech programmes into its participating institutes. Mentioned below is the eligibility criteria of DASA PG 2020:
Age Criteria- No, restrictions on age limit
DASA PG Academic Eligibility
- Qualifying examination- Candidates must have cleared four/five year undergraduate programme in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Qualifying Marks- Candidates must secure minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent in the qualifying examination. Candidates who will be appearing for the qualifying examination and expecting their final results latest by September may also apply.
- Qualifying GRE Score-Candidates must have a valid minimum total of 300 GRE Revised General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative) (GRE General tests taken on or after August 01, 2014). If GRE was taken prior to August 01, 2014 a valid minimum score of 1200 (Verbal + Quantitative) is required. GRE test score has to be sent directly through ETS to VNIT Nagpur (Institute Code: 2110 ).
DASA PG Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Residential
|Candidate’s Category||Residential Eligibility Criteria|
|Citizens of India||Completed their UG programme from abroad|
|· Holding the NRI status for at least three years and
· Completed their UG degree in India
· Passed their class 11th and 12th from abroad and
· Completed their UG programme in India
|Finished their UG programme in any CFTI under the DASA Scheme|
|Persons of Indian Origin, foreign nationals, OCIS||Completed their graduation from anywhere including India|
DASA PG Application Form 2020
Candidates who will fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission in M.Tech programme can fill the application form of DASA PG 2020 tentatively in third week of April, 2020. The submission of DASA PG 2020 application form is a two two stage process:
- Filling and submitting online application form of DASA PG 2020 along with the uploading of required scanned documents.
- Submission of GRE/GMAT score (as applicable). Candidates need to send GRE test score directly through ETS to VNIT Nagpur.
How to fill the Online DASA PG Application Form 2020?
- Get register by entering- valid email ID and captcha words and create your account. An email will be send to candidate’s email address with a link to complete the registration.
- Click on the given link (link will be updated here soon)
- Enter ID sent at the registered email address.
- Add password and confirm it to complete the registration process.
Documents Required to be Uploaded Along With DASA PG Application Form 2020
- Candidate’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted*)
- Date of Birth proof (Secondary Education Board/University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities)
- Marksheets/grade card of all semesters of qualifying examination
- Degree/provisional certificate (if degree completed)
- Course completion certificate from Institution (for result awaiting applicants)
- Proof for residential eligibility requirement
- Details and proof of fee payment in case of payment by SWIFT transfer.
- Filling and Submitting the DASA PG 2020 Application Form:
- Log-in account using email address and Password.
- Enter any number of choices in the order of preference
- Upload latest passport size photograph in JPG format (size- 3.5cmx3.5cm, file size < 100kB)
- Scanned signature in JPG format (file size<100 kB)
- Scanned copies of relevant documents in JPG /JPEG format (the size of each such file <500 kB Colour/ B&W/Gray Scale).
- Click on ‘Preview Application Form button’ to preview the application form and ensure that all the required details have been provided correctly. If candidates finds that there are some corrections to be made, click on ‘Edit the Application Form button’ and edit the application form of DASA PG 2020.
- Once candidate is ensured that all the details provided in the application form are correct, click on the ‘Submit the online application Form button’.
- Download the submitted online DASA PG application form 2020 and do take a print out of it.
Note: Once the online application form of DASA PG 2020 is submitted, the candidates will not be able to modify any of the data in the application form.
DASA PG Application Fee 2020: The candidates who will fulfill the eligibility criteria and are willing to apply for DASA, have to deposit the application form online along with the requisite registration fee and first semester tuition fee.
DASA PG Application Fee
|S. No||Candidate’s Category||Registration Fee||Tuition Fee|
|1||All Candidates except from SAARC countries||US$ 300||US$ 4000|
|2||Candidates from SAARC countries||US$ 300||US$ 2000|
Mode of Payment of DASA PG 2020 Application Fee
The application fee of DASA PG 2020 can be paid either through SWIFT Transfer or E-payment. In case of e-payment, candidates can use online portal of VNIT Nagpur which will be interlinked with Canara Bank Payment Gateway. Once payment is successful done, transaction ID will be generated automatically and will appear in the application form.
Note: Candidates are suggested to note the transaction ID separately for future reference. Fee payment can be made through bank transfer to Canara Bank.
DASA PG Merit List 2020
A merit list of DASA PG 2020 will be prepared on the basis of total GRE test scores. Candidates must submit their GRE score tentatively till last week of June. Candidates who will have valid GRE test scores will be considered for DASA PG 2020 merit list preparation and seat allotment.
In case GRE test scores of two or more candidates are same, the inter se merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:
- Marks obtained in GRE Analytical Writing score and then by Quantitative Reasoning score in the same order.
If tie still exist,
- The date of birth of the candidate will be compared and older candidate will be given higher merit .
DASA PG Seat Allotment 2020
DASA PG 2020 seat allotment will be based on valid GRE test scores and the choices given by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together. The seat allotment of DASA PG 2020 will be done in two rounds. The first round will be done tentatively in first week of July. Mentioned below are the few key points related to DASA PG seat allotment 2020
- Based on the merit list drawn, the allotment of institution and course will be made as per the choices preferred by the candidate.
- Candidate appearing higher on merit list will get higher priority in DASA PG 2020 seat allotment as compared to candidate appearing lower in the merit list.
- In case, institute/course of first preference indicated by the candidate are not available, he/she will be allotted the 2ndpreference and so on.
- Once the candidates have been allotted seats and have confirmed their acceptance of the seat, then they can download the provisional allotment letter and print it.
- If a candidate is not allotted any seat in first round, he/she will be eligible for second round of allotment against vacancies.
Note: Shortlisted Foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad.
DASA PG Participating Institutes 2020
Candidates seeking admission in postgraduate programmes through DASA PG must check the participating institutes of DASA PG 2020 along with the seat matrix and courses available. The scheme of DASA PG is valid for the M.Tech programmes at the NITs, IIITs, IIEST, SPAs and other central universities. Mentioned below is the list of DASA PG 2020 participating institutes for the candidates reference.
|S. No||Name of the Institutes|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)|
|1||National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|3||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh|
|4||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal|
|8||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|9||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Jalmshedpur, Jharkhand|
|12||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Patna , Bihar|
|14||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry|
|15||National Institute of Technology, Raipur , Chhattisgarh|
|16||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa|
|17||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat|
|18||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka|
|19||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu|
|S. No||Name of the Institutes|
|Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)|
|1||ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|2||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|3||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu|
|S. No||Name of the Institutes|
|Central Universities, SPAs and Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions|
|1||University of Allahabad, Allahabad, UP|
|2||Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam|
|3||Central University of Haryana, Jant Pali, Mhaendranagar, Haryana|
|4||Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, MP|
|5||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal|
|6||School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada|
|7||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab|
|8||National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|9||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar|
|10||Central University of Rajasthan|