Before filling the application form, it is vital to know how the admissions will be done in IISc. The institute does not conduct its own entrance examination, instead considers the merit list of KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT. Hence, the IISc application form should be filled by those candidates who have applied for any of the national level entrance exam above.
It should be noted that there is a specific IISc Eligibility Criteria for candidates applying through these exam and it is mandatory for the candidates to satisfy it. Hence, it is advised that candidates check it before applying.
Items Required for Filling IISc 2020 Application Form
While filling the application form of IISc, candidates will need numerous documents and details. It will be beneficial if the candidate will keep these ready beforehand. Hence, to help our readers in compiling these requirements, below we have prepared a proper list of it.
- Valid E-mail Id.
- A functional Phone Number.
- Date of Birth, as in class 10th certificate.
- A Password, which candidate would like to keep for their login.
- Mark Sheet of class 10th and 12th.
- Bank Challan/Net Banking/Debit or Credit Card details.
- A scanned Passport Size Photograph.
- A scanned image of candidate’s signature.
- A scanned image of the parent/guardian’s signature.
- A scanned image of the Caste Certificate.
IISc 2020 Application Form Procedure
The procedure to fill and submit the application form of IISc is as below:
Registration: Candidates will have to click on the link above and then click on “UG Programm”. It will lead candidates to login page and their candidates will have to click on the link “New User to Register – Click Here” link. Then the registration form of IISc will be displayed and in it candidates will have to enter the following information:
- Name of the candidate.
- Date of Birth.
- Candidate’s e-mail address.
- Security Question.
- Security Answer.
- Captcha text.
Once all the details will be filled properly, a system generated verification e-mail will be sent to the candidates. Candidates will have to verify via it and then click on “Click Here to Login”.
Fill Details: After clicking on the link, candidates will have to login by entering the e-mail id and determined password. After successful login, the application form will be displayed. In it, candidates will have to fill the following details:
Details Taken from Registration Form (Only these will be already entered)
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- State of domicile.
- Mother Tongue.
- OBC – Sub-Classification.
- Sub category.
- Contact Details.
- Passport size photograph.
- Scanned image of your signature.
- Scanned image of your parent’s/guardian’s signature.
- Scanned image of your caste certificate (other than General candidates).
- SSLC/10th Standard Details.
- II PUC/12th Standard Details.
National Entrance Exam Details
- Details of KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced or AIPMT
Note: In case the Roll Number is not available at the time of submitting online form, you can enter some dummy number in the roll number column, and update it later immediately after the results by clicking on the “Update your National Entrance Test Result” link provided on the left side of application status page.
Fee Payment: Lastly, candidates will have to submit the application fee. The fee amount is Rs. 500 for General, OBC and Kashmir Migrants. However, SC/ST candidates just need to remit Rs. 250. Candidates can remit the IISc application form fee via Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, Visa Card/Master Card or SBI Challan.
This was the procedure to submit the IISc application form . Before submitting the form, candidates are advised to ‘Preview’ it and rectify any error. Once the form will be submitted, the provision to edit it will not be given by the Institute.
IISc – The admission in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, is held on the basis of KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT score. The institute does not conduct any entrance examination to fill seats in the four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) programme. Candidates who are eligible may apply now because the application form of IISc was released on February . The last date to submit the application form is April . The reservation in the Institute, for SC/ST/OBC/PwD and Kashmiri-Migrant will be done as per the norms of Government of India. Check IISc selection procedure, eligibility criteria, application procedure and more from the article below.
Important Dates for IISc 2020 Admissions
IISc Admission 2020 UG Programme PG/ PhD Programmes Online application Starts from 1st week of Feb 2020 1st week of Feb 2020 Last date to fill the Application Form 4th week of Apr 2020 4th week of Mar 2020
PG & Ph.D Courses:
Events Tentative Dates Commencement of submission of online applications 1st week of Oct 2020 Last date for submission of online applications Last week of Oct 2020 Date of interview 3rd week of Nov 2020 Commencement of class 1st week of 2021
All the dates given are tentative as the University is yet to confirm the same
IISc 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will have to satisfy the following requirements of eligibility, in order to be considered for admissions to the Bachelor of Science (Research) programme of IISc:
- Applicants ought to have completed II PUC/Class 12/Equivalent exam.
- To be eligible for admissions, candidates are also required to have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects at the Class 12 level. In addition to these three main subjects, candidates who have studied subjects like Statistics, Biology, Computer Science, Electronics etc will also be considered eligible for admissions.
- The qualifying exam should have been passed with First Class (60% or its equivalent grade). The same requirement for the candidates belonging to SC/ST is limited to qualifying the exam.
- Candidates should have also appeared for any one of the national-level entrance examinations i.e JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT or the KVPY Scholarship test.
IISc 2020 Application Form
The application form of IISc are only available online and the direct link to the registration portal is given above. The candidates who will be applying for the exam, are required to remit the application fee, which is Rs. 500 for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. for SC/ST/PH candidates. The fee can be paid online via Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.However, the offline medium of paying the fee through SBI bank challan is also available.
IISc 2020 Selection Procedure
In IISc, the candidates will be admitted through KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT. However, these candidates will have to satisfy the requirement below.
I. Selection of Candidates Through KVPY
The first list for admissions in IISc shall be through the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) that is conducted by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. The following KVPY candidates are eligible to apply:
- Candidates who appeared and have received the fellowship in KVPY-SA 2014.
- Candidates who appeared and have received the fellowship in KVPY-SB 2015.
- Candidates who appeared and have received the fellowship in KVPY-SX 2015.
- Candidates who have been selected for the KVPY Fellowship through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates.
Applicants should clearly indicate their KVPY Roll Number in the IISc Application Form so that their respective rank can be determined.
II. Selection of Candidates Through JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT
Candidates applying for admissions via JEE Main, JEE Advanced and AIPMT shall be considered for admissions only if they have written the exam and have secured the minimum marks that have been prescribed for their category, as indicated below:
Minimum Marks required for IISc 2020 Admissions