A brief on IIST M.Tech Admission 2020:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) will conduct IIST M.Tech admission 2020 for the candidates who are seeking admission into M.Tech programmes offered by the institute. The IIST M.Tech admission 2020 will be done based on the GATE score obtained by the candidates. IIST offers 15 M.Tech programmes. For each programme there are 6 seats available. Candidates who are seeking to get admission into post graduate engineering programmes offered by IIST can fill the application form of IIST M.Tech admission 2020 tentatively from first week of April. The IIST M.Tech 2020 application form will be available in the online mode. Candidates are advised to check and meet the IIST M.Tech eligibility criteria before proceeding towards filling the application form. The admission authority will shortlist the candidates based on their GATE scores for the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview/written test. Candidates who will qualify the written test/interview will be offered seats as per the programme-specific and category-specific merit list. Candidates can get detailed information about the IIST M.Tech Admission, important dates, eligibility criteria, counselling, selection process by reading the full article.
IIST M.Tech Admission Overview:
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology M.Tech Admission|
|Commonly Known As||IIST M.Tech|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Application Fee||Rs 600 per department (Rs 300 for SC, ST, PD and women candidates)|
|Selection Criteria||GATE Score/Interview/Written Test|
IIST M.Tech Admission Dates 2020
The important dates of IIST M.Tech Admission will enable candidates to keep a track on all the IIST M.Tech Admission events. From the table given below candidates can check all the important dates related to IIST M.Tech Admission .
|S. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Start date of online application form||First Week of April|
|2||End date for online submission of application form||Last week of April|
|3||Last date for payment of application fee through SBI collect||First week of May|
|4||Release of list of shortlisted candidates||Second week of May|
|5||Schedule of Interview||First week of June|
|6||Display of provisionally selected candidates (First List)||Second week of June|
|7||Last date for remittance of fee (First List)||Third week of June|
|8||Second list for provisionally selected candidates (if vacancy arises)||Last week of June|
|9||Last date for remittance of fee (Second List)||Last week of June|
|10||Third List for provisionally selected candidates (If vacancy arises)||First week of July|
|11||Last date for remittance of fee (Third List)||First week of July|
|12||Reporting to Institute||Third week of July|
|13||Commencement of Classes||Last week of July|
IIST M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
Applicants who are seeking admission in M.Tech programmes offered by IIST must check and meet the IIST M.Tech 2020 eligibility criteria before applying for it. The eligibility criteria of IIST M.Tech 2020 consist of age criteria, minimum educational qualification, minimum marks required etc. For the candidate’s reference, mentioned below is the IIST M.Tech eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Age Criteria:Candidate should be of 32 years as on April 30, 2019. There is a age relaxation applicable to SC/ST/ Persons with disability (PwD) category as per Government of India orders.
Note: There is no age relaxation for OBC and women candidates.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: Candidate should have BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Along with the BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree, candidate belonging to General and OBC categories must score minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10. While, candidates belonging to SC/ST & PwD must score minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.0 out of 10. Apart from this candidate should have a valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in relevant areas.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their degree programme can also apply under provisional basis and have to prove their eligibility within the given specific time.
IIST M.Tech Application Form 2020
Candidates are seeking admission to M.Tech programmes offered by IIST can fill the IIST M.Tech 2020 application form tentatively in the first week of April. The application form of IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 will be available in the online mode only. The last date to fill and submit the IIST M.Tech application form 2020 will be tentatively in the last week of April. Along with the IIST M.Tech 2020 application form, candidates will need to pay the application fee. Candidates can follow mentioned below steps to fill application form of IIST M.Tech 2020.
Steps to apply for IIST M.Tech Application Form 2020
Step 1- Get Register
- To register, candidates need to log-in with valid email-id and and upload scanned copy of photograph, signature, caste certificate and other documents as required in JPG/JPEG format. Candidates need to note that photograph should have a white background and the maximum file size in both cases should be 100 kb.
- Enter educational qualification, personal details, address of communication and click on the “Confirm” button to complete the process.
- The admission authority will send registration number and log-in password upon successful registration to the registered email id.
Note: Candidates will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Therefore, candidates should be careful while registering.
Step 2- Course Registration
- After registration, re-login with the help of credentials sent at the registered email-id.
- Select the course and entre all the required details
- The challan will be generated once course registration is completed. Download the online challan for payment of application fee at any SBI branch
Step 3- Challan Printing
- Take a printout of downloaded challan and deposit the the application fee of IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 at any SBI branch.
- Scanned copies of the challan will have to be uploaded to complete the IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 application process.
IIST M.Tech Application Fees 2020
Candidates will have to pay Rs 600 per department as the application fee of IIST M.Tech Admission 2020. While, women candidates and SC, ST, and PWD categories students will have to pay Rs. 300 as IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 application fee.
Note: Candidates who wish to apply for more than one course shall exercise their order of preference/option at the time of applying itself. The option once exercised shall be final. Not only this, candidates will have to pay application fee for each department separately.
IIST M.Tech Cutoff 2020
The cutoff of IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 is the minimum GATE score required by candidates to get admission into M.Tech courses offered by the institute. Not only this, IIST M.Tech cutoff 2020 will be determined by the institute to select the candidates. The cutoff of IIST M.Tech Admission 2020 will depends on various factors like the number of applicants, availability of seat, difficulty level of GATE exam etc. The IIST M.Tech 2020 cutoff will vary from course to course and category to category. Based on the valid GATE scores and cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted and called for an interview/written test.
IIST M.Tech Counselling 2020
- Based on the IIST M.Tech cutoff 2020, admission authority will release the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to download the call letter for selection process and IIST M.Tech 2020 counselling by log-in using their credentials.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a written test/interview at IIST as the case may be.
- Candidates who will qualify the written test/interview will be offered seats as per the programme-specific and category-specific merit list.
- Candidates who will be ranked higher in the merit list will be given preference in IIST M.Tech 2020 counselling.
- Candidates will have to report to the institute along with their original documents for verification on counselling day.
- Candidates will have to confirm their seats by paying the requisite fee for the programme for which admission is sought.
Programmes offered through IIST M.Tech Admission 2020
|Aerospace Engineering||MAE01||M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion|
|MAE02||M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics|
|MAE03||M.Tech in Structures and Design|
|Avionics||MAV01||M.Tech in RF and Microwave Engineering|
|MAV02||M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing|
|MAV03||M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems|
|MAV04||M.Tech in Control Systems|
|MAV05||M.Tech in Power Electronics|
|Mathematics||MMA01||M.Tech in Machine Learning and Computing|
|Chemistry||MCH01||M.Tech in Materials Science and Technology|
|Physics||MPH01||M.Tech in Optical Engineering|
|MPH02||M.Tech in Solid State Technology|
|Earth and Space Sciences||MES01||M.Tech in Earth System Science|
|MES02||M.Tech in Geoinformatics|
|MES03||Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics|
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala,Thiruvananthapuram – Kerala
Official Website: www.iist.ac.in
Helpline Number: 0471-2568477 / 478 / 555