ISI Admission Test 2020
A brief on ISI Admission Test 2020:
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata has released the application form for ISI admission test 2020. ISI application form 2020 is available in online mode from February to March , 2020. However, candidates can pay the application fee for ISI Admission Test 2020 from February to March. The institute will conduct ISI Admission Test 2020 on May in offline mode for M.Tech admissions in CS, QROR and CrS programmes. Through ISI Admission Test, qualified candidates will be offered admission into 35 M.Tech seats in CS, 25 seats in QROP and 20 seats in CrS. The admit card for ISI Admission Test 2020 will be available from April. ISI Kolkata will also offer admission to its M.Tech in CS programme based on candidates GATE scores. The result of ISI Admission Test 2020 will be declared in June, while the counselling will be held in July 2020. If you wish to know more details about ISI Admission Test 2020, read through the article below.
Quick Facts About ISI Admission Test 2020
|Exam Name||Indian Statistical Institute Admission Test|
|Commonly called as||ISI Admission Test|
|Exam conducting authority||Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata|
|M.Tech courses offered||M Tech (CS), M Tech (CrS), M Tech (QROR)|
|Exam Type||Offline Mode (Objective/Multiple Choice Questions)|
M.Tech programmes offered at ISI kolkata
|S.No.||M.Tech Programmes Name|
|1||M.Tech Computer Science (CS)|
|2||Master of Technology in Cryptology and Security (CrS)|
|3||M.Tech in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research (QROR)|
ISI Admission Dates 2020
ISI Kolkata has released the admission dates of ISI 2020. Aspiring candidates must keep on checking ISI Admission dates 2020. Check all the important dates of ISI admission 2020 below.
|Notification date release||7th February 2020|
|Application form date release||2nd week of February 2020|
|Online application form submit Last date||2nd week of March 2020|
|Application form fee last date||2nd week of February 2020|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd week of March 2020|
|Admit card date release||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|ISI Entrance Exam 2020 Date||10th May 2020|
|Result declared||June 2020|
ISI Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria of ISI admission 2020 includes eligibility conditions related to qualifying exam, subject combination in qualifying exam, marks scored in qualifying exam, age, number of attempts, etc. Only those candidates will be considered eligible to take ISI Admission Test 2020 for M.Tech admission who meet the eligibility criteria. Candidates can check below the eligibility criteria of ISI admission 2020.
|M.Tech Computer Science (CS)||Candidates who have passed a Master’s degree in any one of the following:
|M.Tech in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research (QROR)||Aspirants should have passed a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent if they have applied for the engineering stream.
Candidates applying for the Statistics stream must have passed a Master’s degree in Statistics or Mathematics with Probability and Statistics as majors
All applicants must have studied Physics and Chemistry at the Higher Secondary level in school.
They must have studied Mathematics in their graduation.
|M.Tech in Cryptology and Security (CrS)||The eligibility criteria for this programme is same as that of M.Tech Computer Science (CS).|
ISI Application Form 2020
The application form of ISI Admission 2020 is available from February to March in online mode. However, the fee payment window will be open only from March to March , 2020.
How to fill ISI 2020 Application Form?
- First of all, candidates need to register using their Name, Email ID, Mobile Number to create a login ID.
- Now, they have to log in and enter personal and academic details.
- Now, they have to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the table below.
- Now, application fee payment has to be done.
- Application Payment mode – Online – Through Net banking/Debit/Credit Card. For online payment, candidates have to note their transaction ID after payment.
- Application Payment mode – Offline – Through cash using e-challan at the nearest SBI branch. For payment through e-challan, the candidates have to download the challan from the online application form can make the payment 2 days after downloading it. Candidates paying the fee through offline mode, have to ensure that the challan is duly stamped with the journal Number and code of the branch. The challan copy must be kept safe.
- Application form now needs to be submitted. Candidates will get an SMS notification after application submission.
Image Specifications of Photograph and Signature
|Photograph||50KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||600 pixels (width) – 600 pixels (height)|
|Signature||30KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||800 pixels (width) – 300 pixels (height)|
ISI application Fee 2020
|General category||Rs. 1,000|
ISI Exam Centers 2020
The exam centers of ISI 2020 are the venues where the entrance test for M.Tech admissions will be held. While filling the application form, candidates need to enter/select the exam centers as per their choice where they want to take the test. Last year, ISI Admission Test was held across exam centers in 37 cities while in 2020, ISI Admission Test will be held at exam centers in 38 cities.
|S.No.||Exam Centre||Code||S.No.||Exam Centre||Code||S.No.||Exam Centre||Code|
How to prepare for ISI Admission Test 2020?
It’s quite important for aspiring candidates to know the exam pattern of ISI Admission Test 2020. ISI Exam Pattern 2020 includes important aspects about the test like time allotted to take the test, sectional division and weightage, type and nature of the questions, mode of the test etc. Check the exam pattern of ISI Admission 2020 below with details.
ISI Exam Pattern 2020
ISI Admission Test 2020 will consist of two parts – Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 is mandatory for all candidates. Part 2 of the test will be based on the subject/discipline selected.
ISI 2018 Exam Pattern (Part 1)
- This section is mandatory and will have multiple choice/Descriptive questions in Mathematics of UG level. Part 1 will carry 30 questions against a total of 120 marks. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete this part.
- For Statistics/Mathematics Stream of Part 1, there may be 5 questions from Statistics & Probability. Candidates have to answer 6 questions, taking a minimum of 2 from each.
ISI 2018 Exam Pattern (Part 2)
- This section will carry multiple-choice or descriptive questions as per the different disciplines chosen. Candidates have to complete the part 2 in 2 hours.
- Part 2 will carry a total of 70 questions from 5 sections. It is mandatory for candidates to answer 1 section.
- For Computer Science candidates, there will be 5 sections in the part 2 paper with questions from Computer Science, Engineering Mechanics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Thermodynamics, Engineering Drawing, Engineering and Technology of B Tech level. .
- For Engineering Stream, there may be 4 questions from Mathematics and 6 from Engineering & Technology. Candidates have to answer minimum 2 questions from each.
ISI Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of ISI admission 2020 includes important topics and chapters from Computer Science, Cryptology and Security and Quality, Reliability and Operations Research. Find the syllabus of ISI Admission Test 2020 below.
Quality, Reliability and Operations Research (QROR):
Statistics stream: Statistics and Probability
- Engineering and Technology
- Engineering Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
Computer Science (CS):
- Computer Science
- Engineering & Technology
ISI Sample Papers 2020
The sample papers of ISI admission test 2020 are very important to follow for entrance exam. ISI sample papers 2020 are the similar papers or the previous years question papers which must become an important part of preparation for ISI Admission Test 2020. Practicing the sample papers of ISI Admission 2018 ensures a higher possibility of cracking the test.
ISI Admit Card 2020
ISI 2020 Admit Card will be available in online mode from April onward. Candidates can get access to and download their admit card of ISI Admission Test 2020. Candidates will also get a notification about the availability of the admit card. Registered candidates have to download ISI admit card online by logging in. They must download the admit card and check if all the information reflecting on it are correct. Then they have to take printout of the admit card. It must be noted that candidates must carry the ISI 2020 admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam. Without any admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall or take the test.
Note: It is advised to take 2 or more than 2 printouts of the admit card.
ISI Result 2020
The result of ISI admission test 2020 will be declared tentatively in June 2018. The result of ISI 2020 will be declared in the form of merit list. In order to check ISI 2020 result, candidates have to download the published merit list. In the merit list of ISI Admission Test 2020, candidates have to check their registration number and name. GATE qualified candidates will be eligible for direct admission if they have secured marks above the given cutoff
ISI Cutoff 2020
The cutoff of ISI admission test 2020 may be released by ISI Kolkata along with the result. ISI Admission Test 2020 cutoff is the closing score below which admission to the candidates will not be offered. This means that candidates have to either secure scores above or equal to the cutoff. ISI Admission 2020 cutoff will be pre-determined by ISI Kolkata to screen the admissions. ISI Admission cutoff 2020 is determined by various factors like total number of applicants, total number of seats, difficulty levels of the test and cutoff of the previous years. The cutoff of ISI Admission Test 2018 will be different for different M.Tech courses. For GATE qualified candidates, the cutoff will be announced separately.
ISI Counselling & Seat Allotment 2020
The counselling of ISI 2020 will be held in offline mode in the month of July 2020. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted and called for counselling based on their performance in ISI admission test 2020. In order to participate in the counselling of ISI admission 2020, the candidates have to download their call letter and participate in the counselling in person as per the date and time specified on the call letter.
At the counselling venue the candidates have to produce their original educational certificates/documents along with a set of photocopies of the same for verification.
After qualifying the interview and document verification, candidates must complete the other admission formalities to confirm their seat.
ISI Admission Seat Intake 2020
|S.No.||M.Tech Programme||Seat Intake|
|1||Master of Technology in Computer Science||35|
|2||Master of Technology in Cryptology and Security||20|
|3||Master of Technology in Quality Reliability and Operations Research||25|
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,