JEE Advanced 2020 Information Brochure has been released now. It is organized for admission to the undergraduate courses leading to a UG, Integrated PG or UG-PG Dual Degree. These courses are offered in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam managed by the IIT, Kanpur. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into IITs & ISM. This IIT JEE exam is the second stage of JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination). JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Tests have been released now. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about JEE Advanced..
The important dates of JEE Advanced are as given below:
Last date to register for JEE Advanced 1st week of May 2020
|Application form release||1st week of May 2020|
|Application form last date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit card releasing||3rd week of May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||17th May 2020|
|Response (copy) to be sent to the candidates||Last week of May 2020|
|Answer key releases||Last week of May 2020|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||Last week of May 2020|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2020||8th June 2020|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of June 2020|
|AAT exam date||12th June 2020|
|Result Declaration of AAT||16th June 2020|
|Seat Allotment starts||17th June 2020|
|Last date for seat allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
Percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories: 50.5% for general (common merit list), 27% for OBC, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST. within these categories (3% horizontal reservation PwDCandidate must be in the top 1,50,000 (all categories included) in JEE Main .JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must be born on or after 1 October 1990 (GEN or OBC) or on or after 1 October 1985 (SC, ST or PwD).
Number of Attempts
Candidate can attempt JEE Advanced for a maximum of two years, consecutively.
- Candidate must have passed in Class XII (or equivalent) examination
- In the qualifying examination, candidates either must have been among category top 20 percentile range or should have secured 75% aggregate marks. The criteria for SC/ST/PwD is 70%.
- Those who appeared in 2016 and want to re-appear in (either for improvement or due to failure in one or more subjects), are required to re-appear in 2016
- Candidates who appeared in 2015 are ineligible with exception being those whose result for 2015-15 was declared after June 2015
- For list of qualifying exam, refer to the official brochure
Prior Admission in IITs/ISM
- Candidate who is already admitted in IITs or ISM is ineligible for admission.
- The candidate who is in the preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2015 is eligible.
JEE Advanced Application Form
The application form for JEE Advanced has been released. The procedure to fill JEE Advanced application form will be as below:
- Access the link above.
- Read all the instructions to fill the form thoroughly and click on “Proceed To Register Online”
- Submit JEE Main roll number, and create a password to register.
- Upload all the required documents and certificate.
- Remit the application fee via Net Banking or Debit/ Credit card.
JEE Advanced Application – Documents Required
- Color passport sized photo covering full face taken within last 6 months
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature
- Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression
- Appropriate categorical certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PwD
JEE Advanced Application Fee
The requisite amount of JEE Advanced 2020 application fee is given in the table below.
|Exam Centers in India|
|Exam Centers in Dubai|
|All Category||USD 220|
JEE Advanced Admit Card
JEE Advanced admit card will be issued to all successfully registered candidates on May 14. JEE Advanced admit card will be released online and to download it candidates have to enter their registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the login page. The admit card of JEE Advanced will consist details about the exam date and time, address of the exam centre, roll number, candidates name, date of birth etc. Candidates have to take a print out of JEE Advanced admit card and take it along with them to the exam centre.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
IIT Kanpur, the conducting authority will conduct JEE Advanced in the computer-based test mode. Till , JEE Advanced was held in pen and paper (P&P) based mode. This year the medium of the paper will be both in English and Hindi and candidates will be able to switch between the two languages any time during the examination if required. Some aspects of JEE Advanced question paper such as number of papers, subjects, question type, language medium and duration are announced before the examination. However, the total number of questions, total marks and marking scheme are disclosed on the examination day. Candidates can check JEE Advanced exam pattern of below:
Note: Choice for the language (Hindi or English) has to be stated during the form filling. Provision to alter choice, once filled, will not be provided.
JEE Advanced Answer Key and ORS Display
The answer key of JEE Advanced will be published on May 29, (10 am). Prior to that, candidates will be able to view their responses made in the examination from May 22 to 25. In case candidates find any discrepancy in JEE Advanced answer key they can send their feedback and comments till May 30 (5 pm). JThe answer key will be released both by the official body and coaching institutes. The answer key of JEE Advanced comprises correct responses to all the questions asked in the examination. By comparing the responses marked by candidates in the entrance test with that of answer key candidates can calculate their probable score.
In case aggregate marks by two or more candidates are same, a tie-break mechanism will be followed.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate with higher marks in Math
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate with higher marks in Physics
- If issue is not resolved yet, the same rank will be assigned
JEE Advanced Result
JEE Advanced result will be announced by IIT Kanpur on June 10. The result of JEE Advanced will be declared online and candidates can download it by entering their registration number and date of birth. The result will consist the scores obtained by candidates in paper 1 and paper 2 of JEE Advanced. The All India rank and category wise rank secured by candidates will also be mentioned in JEE Advanced result .
JEE Advanced Counselling
JEE Advanced counselling and seat allotment of the qualified candidates for admission to the 23 IITs including ISM Dhanbad will be done by the Joint Seat allocation Authority (JoSAA). The registration and choice filling for JEE Advanced counselling will commence on June 19, . The counselling of JEE Advanced includes online registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, seat acceptance, fee payment and reporting to the allotted colleges.
JEE Advanced Selection Mode
Admissions shall be made on the basis of the score in examination (both papers). Higher the score better is the chance of admission. An inter-se merit list shall be created to select the most deserving candidates. You must satisfy any on the following criteria for admission to IITs and ISM –
- He is within the category wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in class XII or equivalent examination.
- He must secure 75% (for GEN or OBC) or 70% (SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent examination.
JEE Advanced Participating IITs
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Maharashtra
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Kerala
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Technology Tripura
Institutes, Other Than IITs, Using JEE Advanced Ranks
Some institutes use JEE Advanced ranking to admit candidates. You must contact them individually for admissions.
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Tiruvananthapuram (IIST)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli (RGIPT)