JIPMER MBBS 2020 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research will organise the JIPMER MBBS on June 4, , in the online mode. The entrance examination will be held in two shifts, from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm. JIPMER MBBS is a national level entrance examination, it will be organised in 75 cities across the country. The application form of JIPMER MBBS will be available from March 27, . The last date to submit the online application form is May 3. For the registered candidates, the JIPMER MBBS Admit card will be issued on May 22. In the previous session, around 1,09,112 candidates appeared for the entrance examination of JIPMER MBBS. The result of JIPMER MBBS will be announced on or before June 19, . For the complete details on schedule, application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and reservation of JIPMER MBBS , read the article below.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Application Form Start Date||March 6, 2020|
|Online Application Submission Closes on||April 12, 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket||April 29, 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Date||June 11, 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Result Date||June 20, 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 First Round Counselling||June 27, 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Second Round Counselling||25th July 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Third Round Counselling||20th August 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Final Round Counselling||28th September 2020|
|Admission Formalities(Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc.)||July 2nd 2020 8.00 AM.For the Students who have opted to Join inJIPMER, Karaikal|
|July 3rd 2020 8.00 AMFor the Students who have opted to join inJIPMER, Puducherry|
|Issue of Admission letter and Hostel Accommodation||2nd July 2020 (Monday) – For Karaikal StudentsThird July 2020 (Tuesday) – For Puducherry Students|
|Closure of Admission||30th September 2020|
Only Indian nationals can apply for the entrance exam;
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be of 17 years of age or should be attaining the age of 17 on or before 31 December 2016;
- Applicants should have passed the Higher/Senior Secondary or Indian School Certificate Examination in the following manner:
(a )The candidate should have studied Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology (which ought to include practical tests in these subjects) during the last two years of his/her study. In addition to these three subjects, the candidate should also have studied an elective subject with English at the level prescribed for the core course in English by the NCERT after the 10+2+3 education pattern was introduced.
(b) It is mandatory that the candidate should have passed in each of these subjects individually and also secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Biotechnology in both the qualifying examination as well as the competitive entrance exam. For candidates belonging to various reserved categories, the minimum aggregate score will be brought down to 40%. For OPH candidates in the general category, however, the minimum aggregate score will be set at 45%.
(c) OCI/NRI candidates and candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from an examining body that is outside India will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate that has been issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
Reservation of Seats for JIPMER MBBS 2020
The seats that are available for admissions will be distributed among the different categories as illustrated in the table below:
Name of the category
Number of seats
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|3||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|4||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|6||NRI/OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||05|
|Total No. of Seats||150|
*P-UR-23, P-OBC-11 & P-SC-6
Note: The number and distribution of the seats may vary based on the periodic directives that are issued by the competent authorities.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form
Application forms for the JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam will be accepted through the on-line mode only. Interested candidates can register their applications at jipmer.edu.in. Payment of the application fee can be done via Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. All the applicants should download and retain a printout of their filled in application, once it is complete.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Admit Card
The admit cards of JIPMER MBBS will be uploaded on the official website of JIPMER a few weeks before the exam. Only candidates who submit application forms that are complete in all respects will be issued the admit card. Details such as the name, date of birth, roll number and the Examination city that has been allotted to the candidate will be indicated on the admit card. The Admit Card/Hall Ticket is essential for entry into the examination hall.
Exam Pattern of JIPMER MBBS
The JIPMER MBBS Exam will comprise of five sections viz., Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English and Comprehension, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning. All the questions will be of Multiple Choice Type and will be based on the syllabus that has been prescribed by CBSE and the State Board Hr. Sec. for Class XI & XII. The sections on Physics, Chemistry & Biology will have 60 questions each while the remaining two sections will consist of 10 questions each. The JIPMER MBBS Exam will be administered in the English Language only. One mark will be awarded for every correct response. However, no negative marking will be applicable.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Result
The results of the JIPMER MBBS Exam will be declared in the month of June tentatively. The results will be published in the form of a Merit List which will reflect the names of candidates who have secured marks equal to or more than the minimum percentile or cutoff that has been set for the entrance exam. Candidates who do not secure the minimum cutoff will not be considered for admissions.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling
Only candidates whose names have been included in the JIPMER 2016 Merit List will be called to attend the counselling for admissions. The list of candidates who have been called for counselling or waitlisted for counselling will be displayed on the official website of JIPMER i.e jipmer.edu.in. Candidates will be allotted a seat on the basis of their category-wise merit order.
The application forms for the JIPMER MBBS will be issued on 27 March . Applications will be accepted through the on-line mode only. Candidates who are interested in appearing for the medical entrance exam should, therefore, register their applications at jipmer.edu.in. Candidates applying for the exam are, however, urged to read the eligibility requirements for admissions before filling in the online application form. The deadline for submission of the JIPMER MBBS Application Form is 3 May . To help candidates acquaint themselves with the process of submission of the online application form, the entire procedure has been explained in detail below.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form Filling Procedure
• To start applying, candidates will have to access the main web page of JIPMER i.e jipmer.edu.in first.
• Once the related web page has been found, candidates should directly scroll towards the link titled “Apply Online MBBS Admission -”.
• On opening the application link, candidates will be presented with a registration form for payment.
• The form should be filled in and submitted with all the required and mandatory details, after which the candidate’s login details will be sent to his/her registered email address and mobile number.
• Candidates can use these login details that have been provided to them to access and complete the remaining part of the JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form.
• The photograph and signature of the candidate should be uploaded as per the specifications given.
• Candidates can confirm the submission of the JIPMER MBBS Application Form after reading and agreeing to the declaration.
Photograph and Signature Requirements for JIPMER MBBS
Candidates should upload the scanned digital images of their photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
(i) Photograph Image
• The photograph should be a recent passport size color picture that has been taken against a light background.
• Polaroid photographs and photographs in black and white will not be accepted.
• Candidates are required to take the photograph with a placard indicating their name and the date of taking the photograph placed in front of them.
• The digital/softcopy of the photograph should be of dimensions 30mm width x 45mm Height and should be of a file size of 20 KB minimum and 200 KB maximum.
(ii) Signature Image
• The applicant should sign on a white paper with a black ball point pen.
• The signature dimensions should be 80mm Width x 35mm Height.
• The file size of the signature should be 20 KB minimum and 200 KB maximum.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form Fee
• For General (UR)/OBC/NRI/OCI category candidates-Rs.1000 plus transaction charges as applicable.
• For SC/ST/OPH category candidates-Rs.800 plus transaction charges as applicable.
Payment of the application fee can be done through Net Banking or via Debit/Credit card only.
Grounds for rejection of the JIPMER MBBS 2020 Application Form
1. In case, the applicant does not meet the age limit that has been prescribed for admissions.
2. In case, the applicant fails to secure the minimum marks that have been stipulated for the qualifying exam.
3. In case, the applicant has filed his/her application under the Non-Creamy Layer OBC category but has failed to submit the required caste certificate that has been issued by the competent authority.
4. In case, the applicant has filed his/her application under the SC/ST category but has failed to submit the required caste certificate that has been issued by the competent authority.
5. In case, the applicant has filed his/her application under ‘Puducherry’ status but has failed to submit a valid proof.
6. In case, the applicant fails to submit the OCI Registration Certificate that has been issued by the competent authority.