Nirma University M.Tech 2020
A brief on Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020:
The Nirma University will conduct the written test for the candidates who are seeking admission into M.Tech programmes offered by the university. However, University gives first preference to the GATE qualified candidates with valid scores. Both the candidates need to apply for the Nirma University M.Tech admission 2020 by filling the online application from. The application form of Nirma University M.Tech 2020 will be available tentatively from second week of May. Candidates must check and meet the Nirma University M.Tech 2020 eligibility criteria before proceeding towards filling the application form. Candidates must make sure that they fill and submit the application form before the the end prescribed date. To apply for Nirma University M.Tech admission, candidates need to pay Rs. 1200 as the application fee which is non-refundable in nature. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference at the time of counselling and seat allotment. If seats are vacant after allotting to GATE candidates will be open for non-GATE candidates. To know more details related to application form, admit card, eligibility, counselling of Nirma University M.Tech programmes, read full article.
Nirma University M.Tech Admission Overview
|Admission Name||Nirma University M.Tech Admission|
|Commonly Known As||Nirma University M.Tech|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Nirma University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Written Test)|
|Application Fees||Rs 1200 (Non-refunable)|
Nirma University M.Tech Admission Dates 2020
Candidates who are willing to get admission to M.Tech programmes offered by Nirma University must be aware of all the Nirma University M.Tech 2020 Admission dates. From the mentioned below table candidates can keep a track on all the important dates of Nirma University M.Tech admission.
|S. No||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Commencement of online application process||Second week of May|
|2||End date of online application process||Last week of June|
|3||Entrance Exam Date (for non-GATE candidates)||Second week of July|
|4||Interview date for GATE/ Non-GATE candidates||Second week of July|
|5||Start of Semester||Last week of July|
Nirma University M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must check and meet the eligibility criteria for Nirma University M.Tech admission before proceeding towards filling the application form. For the candidate’s reference, mentioned below is the eligibility criteria for Nirma University M.Tech admission 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have cleared the B.E/B.Tech/diploma examination or any other qualifying degree from a recognized university with minimum percentage of marks as prescribed by AICTE from time to time or equivalent cumulative grade point index.
- Qualifying Marks:Nirma University will calculate aggregate marks based on the semester’s resultfor which class of the degree is awarded.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the final semester qualifying examination can also apply. The results of such applicants have to be submitted to Member Secretary, PG-ENGG. immediately on declaration of result, which should be within 30 days of commencement of semester.
- Candidate who will not appear in final semester examination at the time of counseling for admission will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who will be having results in terms of CPI will have to introduce certificate from the concerned University regarding equivalent percentage of marks.
- In case, a candidate belonging to all the categories has passed the qualifying examination from Nirma University, in such case student can obtain the eligibility certificate from the University itself on the spot during counselling by paying Rs 500.
- Apart from the mentioned above Nirma University M.tech 2020 admission eligibility criteria, candidates need to fulfill course-wise eligibility criteria also.
Eligibility Criteria of Nirma University for Admission in M.Tech Programmes
From the mentioned below table, candidates will get an idea about the programmes offered by the University, seat intake, qualifying exam and vaild GATE score.
M.Tech Programmes Offered by NIRMA University
|S.No||M.Tech Programmes||Qualifying Exam||Valid GATE Exam||Seat Intake|
|1||Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design||B.E./ B.Tech in Civil Engineering or equivalent||Civil Engineering||18|
|2||Computer Science &
|B.E./B.Tech./B.S. in Engineering in Computer
Engg./ Computer Science / Information
Technology / Electronics / Electronics &
Communication / Electrical /
Instrumentation Engineering & Control or
M. Sc. In Computer Science / M.Sc. in Information
Technology or MCA or equivalent
or Electronics and
Machines & Drives
|B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering /Electronics and
Communication Engineering /Instrumentation
and Control Engineering /Power Electronics or
equivalent B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering
or equivalent from recognized institutes,
as per University rule
|6||Electrical Power Systems||18|
|7||VLSI Design||B.E./ B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
Engg. / Instrumentation and Control Engg. /
Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Engineering
Electrical Engg. or equivalent
|Electronics & Communication
|10||CAD/ CAM||B.E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering / Production
Engineering / Industrial Engineering /
Mechatronics or equivalent.
|11||Thermal Engineering||B.E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering /
Automobile Engineering or equivalent
|12||Design Engineering||B.E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent||18|
Nirma University Application Form 2020
Candidates who are seeking admission into M.Tech programmes offered by Nirma University can fill the application form tentatively in second week of May 2020. Along with the online Nirma University M.Tech application form 2020, candidates need to pay Rs 1200 as the application fees. Mentioned below are the steps, candidates can follow to fill the Nirma University M.Tech 2020 application form:
Steps To Fill Nirma University M.Tech Application Form 2020
- Click on the application link to register.
- Enter all the required details like academic qualification, personal details, documents to be uploaded etc.
- Make the payment of application fee. Candidates can make the payment either through credit/debit card or netbanking
- After adding all the details and making payment of application fees, submit the form by clicking on ‘submit’ button.
Note: All the candidates who will fill the Nirma University M.Tech 2020 application form must make sure that they take a print out of the submitted form. This print out of the application form of Nirma University M.Tech 2020 need to produce at the time of admission/counselling process along with the online payment receipt.
Nirma University M.Tech Merit List 2020
The admission authority will publish the Nirma University M.Tech 2020 merit list tentatively in third or fourth week of July for all those candidates who will be invited for counselling. However, the merit list of Nirma University M.Tech 2020 of non-GATE candidates will be operated after exhausting merit list of GATE category. The Nirma University M.Tech merit list 2020 will carry-date, time and venue of counselling along with candidates’ name and application number. Apart from this, merit list will also carry the M.Tech programme to which candidates are invited for.
Nirma University M.Tech Counselling 2020
There will be separate counselling of Nirma University M.Tech admission 2020 for GATE and Non-GATE candidates tentatively in third or fourth week of July. All the shortlisted candidates will have to produce their documents at the time of Nirma University M.Tech 2020 Counselling for verification. To confirm the seat allotted to the candidate, they need to deposit admission fee after seat allotment procedure is done. Mentioned below is the detailed procedure of Nirma University M.Tech counselling 2020:
Nirma University M.Tech 2020 Counselling For GATE Qualified candidates
- GATE qualified candidates who are shortlisted will be informed through post/courier/e-mail/SMS about the counselling.
- Candidates will have to physically present at the Institute of Technology, Nirma University for document verification and confirmation of admission along with the requisite fees.
- Once the verification of documents are done, candidates will be provided seat on the same day of counselling.
- Candidate need to confirm his/her admission by depositing the academic fees.
Note: Shortlisted candidates should ensure that they report at the venue for counselling at least 30 minutes before the specified time.
Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020 Counselling For Non-GATE candidates
- Candidates appeared for written test will be informed on the same day.
- Shortlisted candidates need to appear in person for Nirma University M.Tech 2020 counselling along with specified original documents and requisite fees for document verification.
Note: Candidates must keep in mind that if all the seats are filled up by GATE qualified candidates, no admission will be offered to Non-GATE category.
Highlights of Nirma University M.Tech Counselling 2020
- GATE qualified candidates will be given preference at the time of counselling and seat allotment.
- If seats are vacant after allotting to GATE candidates will be open for non-GATE candidates.
- Non-GATE candidates must qualify in the entrance test conducted by the university.
Nirma University M.Tech Selection Procedure 2020
Mentioned below is the selection procedure for Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020.
- Candidates will be given admission on the basis of their GATE merit.
- GATE qualified candidates who have less marks than qualifying one, will have to apply as Non-GATE candidates. These candidates will need to appear for written test.
- The syllabus for written test will be same as that of GATE 2020.
- What candidates need to understand is that appearing in entrance exam does not guarantee admission. If all the seats are occupied by GATE qualified candidates, then no admission will be offered to Non-GATE candidates. However the merit list of Non-GATE candidates will be operated after exhausting merit list of GATE category.
Inter-se-merit Rules of Nirma University M.Tech Admission 2020
Inter-se-merit rules will be applied if candidates have equal scores as the GATE qualified one. Mentioned below is the procedure to apply it:
- Qualifying examination percentage based on which class is awarded for degree will be considered.
- If tie still exist, eighth semester percentage of qualifying examination will be considered. If result is awaited, seventh semester percentage will be considered.
- If tie still exists, then Date of birth of candidates will be considered where older candidate will be given preference.
Nirma University Fee Structure
Candidates can refer mentioned below tables to get an idea about Nirma University academic and hostel fee structure. What candidates need to know that fees structure may be vary from year to year.
Academic Fee Structure
|S. No||Particulars||Amount (RS)*|
|Fee (Per Annum)||2,04,000|
|a. Registration PG (One Time)||500|
|b. University Fees – PG (Semester End Exam||8000|
|Mid-Semester Exam, Semester Grade Report) (Per Annum) Total Other Fees (a+b)||8500|
|c. Other Deposit (Refundable)||2500|
|d. Library Deposit (Refundable)||5000|
|Total Deposits (c+d)||7500/-|
|Total (Fee + Other Fees+Deposit)||2,20,000/|
*Fees are subject to revision on the basis of the order to be issued by the Fee Regulatory Committee
Note: While paying fees, cheques or DD should be as per CTS-2010.
NIRMA University Hostel Fees Structure
|Cheque in favour of Nirma Education and Research Foundation|
|Hostel Fees Non AC (Per annum)||60000|
|Hostel Fees with AC with attached washroom (Per annum)||90000|
|Hostel Fees with AC without attached washroom||73000|
|Non AC Dormitory ( 6 Seater)||50000|
|Cheque in favour of Institute of Technology|
|Hostel Electricity Advance Non A/c (Per Annum)||5000|
|Hostel Electricity Advance with A/c (Per Annum)||12000|
|Laundry Service Advance (Per Annum)||3750|
|Mess Advance (For 10 months)||38500|
*Hostel fees may vary year to year
Note: Candidates need to pay Rs 5000 as a deposit on the day on which the admission is offered. This deposit will be adjusted against payment of fees.
Post : Chandlodia, Via : Gota,
Ahmedabad – 382 481.
Official Website- http://www.nirmauni.ac.in
Helpline No: +91-079-30642000