SSC CGL 2020:
The recruitment notification for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam was released on 22nd October 2019. The official Notification PDF for 2020-21 will be by Staff Selection Committee of India on 15th September 2020. The online recruitment process will begin once the notification has been released.Finally, SSC has published the SSC Calendar & revised schedule of all SSC exams to be conducted by SSC during 2020-21. SSC has released Exam Dates for SSC CGL 2020 Tier I, II & III Exams which are mentioned below. According to the latest exam calendar of SSC, the Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2020 Tier-I (CBE) exam is scheduled from 02.03.2020 to 11.03.2020.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
SSC CGL 2020 Important Dates
The table mentions the important dates for the SSC CGL 2020 recruitment:
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification Release Date||15th September 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Registration starts from||15th September 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Application Ends on||15th October 2020(5:00PM)|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier-I Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam Date||To be notified later|
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Dates||Tier I: 2nd to 11th March 2020
Tier II: 22nd to 25th June 2020
Tier III: 22nd to 25th June 2020
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & Graduate (bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline)|
|Exam Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
|Section||Tier 1 – 4 Sections
Tier 2 – 4 Papers
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2020 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
1.1 Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
1.2 Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
1.3 Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
1.4 Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
• All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL 2020 exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
• Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
• Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC has introduced minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
14.3.1 UR : 30%
14.3.2 OBC/ EWS : 25%
14.3.3 Others : 20%
Name of the posts under SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment
- Assistant Section Officer (Central Secretariat Service).
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission).
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau).
- Assistant (Ministry of Railway).
- Assistant (Ministry of External Affairs).
- Assistant (AFHQ).
- Assistant (Other Ministries/Departments/ Organizations).
- Inspector of Income Tax (CBDT).
- Inspector, (Central Excise).
- Inspector (Preventive Officer.
- Inspector (Examiner).
- Assistant Enforcement Officer (Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue).
- Sub Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation).
- Inspector of Posts (Department of Post).
- Divisional Accountant (Offices under CAG).
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II (M/o Statistics & Prog. Implementation).
- Inspector ( Central Bureau of Narcotics).
- Sub Inspector (National Investigation Agency (NIA)).
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2020
Check some of the conditions which are mandatory for the candidates to fulfill to be eligible to apply and compete in the SSC CGL Exam 2016 –
- Bachelor’s / Graduation degree from a recognized University/ College/Institute
- Applicant must be citizen of India and fall in the specified age limit. The Date of Birth recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate will be considered valid only. Moreover, the maximum age limit is relaxed for the candidates from the reserved category.
SSC CGL Application Form 2020
The application form for the SSC CGL has started on 13 February . The Commission has released both the advertisement and the application form. Aspirants are advised to read the detailed advertisement before applying. Application form can be filled via online mode only. Multiple applications shall be rejected. Last date for submitting the application is 14 March .
Application fee: An amount of Rs. 100/- (One Hundred) is to be deposited towards application fee through the Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) / SBI Challan or through Debit card/Credit Card/Net banking. However, the fee payment is exempted for the Women applicants and candidates belonging to ST, SC Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen..
SSC CGL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2020. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2020, which are tabulated below:
|Age group||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Class Fiction||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Auditor||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Officer Under CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Other Ministries/Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant||Officer under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks||Central Govt. offices Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group “C”||2400|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group “C”||2400|
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “C”||2400|
|Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||Dte. General Border Road Organisation (MoD)
Only For Male Candidates
|18-30 years||Inspector Posts||Department of Post.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|20-27 years||Tax Assistant||CBEC||Group “C”||2400|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant / Superintendent||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Divisional Accountant||Officer under CAG||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics & Prog. Implementation||Group “B”||4200|
Requirement of age for various posts is as follows:
|1||For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002.|
|2||For the posts for which age limit is 20-27 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2000.|
|3||For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-2000.|
|4||For the posts for which age limit is up to 30 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-2002|
|5||For the post for which age limit is up to 32 years||Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1988 and not later than 01-01-2002.|
2. Age Limit:The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories.
|S.No||Category||Age Relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit|
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2020 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Answer Key 2020
Every year, the answer key is published for the candidates to verify their responses in the exam. The answer key is issued by the Commission for the candidates to check the correct answers of the questions asked in the SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Usually, the Commission uploads the answer keys after the seven days of the conduct of the exam. Candidates can evaluate their performance in the exam by calculating the estimated score using the SSC CGL answer key.
SSC CGL Cutoff 2020
Each candidate is required to perform well in the exam so as to score the marks as much as the minimum qualifying marks also known as Cutoff. It is published for all the categories General, SC, ST, OBC and Pwd. However, it may vary to a certain extent for all these. The cutoff is usually declared with the written exam result simultaneously.
SSC CGL Result 2020
The result for the SSC CGL 2020 exam is usually declared after a span of two months. There is no fixed date for the result announcement. The result is hosted on the website of SSC. List of the successful candidates is published online. Such candidates are considered eligible to take the Tier- II exam which is thereafter followed by the Personality Test or Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test. whichever is applicable.
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2020
Following are the stage which a candidate has to go through sequentially as per the selection process laid down by the Staff Selection Commission. The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type).
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type).
- Tier -III — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips
Well, we all know there is no shortcut to success. Therefore, aspirants need to prepare hard to qualify the exam. The level of difficulty increases with the phases which implies that the Tier- 1 is comparatively easier than Tier-2. Candidates can get some very useful preparation tips by clicking on the sub-heading.
Resolution of Tie Cases
Tie cases will be resolved by applying one after another as follows till the Tie is resolved.
(i) Total marks in the written examination.
(ii) Total marks of Tier-II Examination.
(iii) Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
(iv) Date of Birth, with older candidate placed higher.
(v) Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.