A brief on VITEEE 2020 :
Vellore Institute of Technology has released the application form for VITEEE exam in online and offline mode. However, at all the other exam centres, VITEEE 2020 will be conducted from April 13 to April 19, 2020. VIT has released the mock test of VITEEE for the applicants to understand the pattern and practice for the examination. The entrance exam will be held for admissions to 20 B.Tech programmes offered at VIT campuses located in Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati and Bhopal. Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2020 will be held in multiple sessions across 124 exam cities including India and abroad. Since VITEEE is online, candidates have to book their test slots in order to download their admit card. Slot booking facility will open tentatively in third week of March 2020. The result of VITEEE will be announced tentatively on April. Candidates who qualify the exam will be called for the offline counselling that will likely be held in 2 rounds in May. Around 2.33 lakh candidates appear in VITEEE every year for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes. To know the complete details of VITEEE, such as the important dates, application procedure, exam details, syllabus, result, counselling below in this article.
Quick Facts about VITEEE
|Name of the exam||VITEEE|
|Conducting Body of VITEEE||VIT University|
|Purpose||Admission to UG programmes|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based test|
|Duration of the exam||2:30 hours|
|Frequency of the test||Once in a year|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Type Questions|
|Application Procedure||Both offline & online|
|Number of exam takers||2.33 lakh (approx)|
|VITEEE Helpline No.||91-416-2243091/93|
What’s New in VITEEE 2020?
- The fee for offline application form of VITEEE has been increased to Rs. 1200 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 990 and VITEEE application fee for online application form has been increased to Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) from Rs. 970.
- VITEEE will be held in test centres across 124 cities in India and abroad. Last year, VITEEE was held in exam centres across 119 cities of India and abroad. Qatar has been added as new exam city outside India , along with Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat where the exam was held last year too.
- The offline application form of VITEEE is now available in the four VIT University campuses.
VITEEE Important Dates 2020
|VITEEE 2020 online/offline application forms||September 27, 2019|
|Last date to submit/send VITEEE 2020 application forms||February 29, 2020|
|Last date to edit VITEEE 2020 application form||February 29, 2020|
|Commencement of VITEEE 2020 slot booking||Second week of March, 2020|
|Availability of VITEEE 2020 admit cards||First week of April, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 exam||Second to third week of April, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 result||April 30, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Counselling||Second to third week of May, 2020|
|Classes at different campuses of VIT||Second week of July, 2020|
VITEEE Mock Test 2020
VIT has released the online VITEEE Mock Test. The candidates can take the mock test of VITEEE and get the feel and experience of how to get used to the various components of the exam. VITEEE mock test will give candidates the idea of all the features of the entrance exam. VITEEE mock test is 2 hours 30 minutes long and the candidates will be required to answer various questions related to Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English. Any interested candidate, irrespective of being registered or not, will be able to access the mock test of VITEEE .
VITEEE Application Form 2020
The application form of VITEEE is now available in online and offline mode. The offline application form of VITEEE is available from November 9, while the online VITEEE application form has been available from November 1. aspirants can fill VITEEE application form till March 2020. Check the various stages of filling the application form of VITEEE below.
- Registration– Candidates have to register by entering their name, date of birth, gender, nationality, mobile number and email ID.
- Confirm password – Using the password sent by VIT and the registered email ID, candidates have to login to the newly created account.
- Filling VITEEE application form – Candidates have to fill the application form by entering their personal, educational, communication details, etc.
- Application Fee payment –Candidates have to pay application fee using net banking/debit/credit card.
- Upload Photo, Signature – This stage requires the candidates to upload their photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
Online Application Form of VITEEE 2020
Candidates can now register to fill the VITEEE application form of by entering their name, nationality, date of birth, e-mail address and mobile number. A password will be generated and candidates can log in and fill the other details in the application form. VITEEE online application fees have to be paid either through net banking, debit card, credit card. Candidates have to pay Rs. 1150 (inclusive of GST) for online VITEEE application form.
Offline application form of VITEEE 2020
- Candidates can get the VITEEE application form in person form the Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal or Amaravati campus through a demand draft of Rs 1200 (inclusive of GST) in favour of “VIT University” payable at Vellore
- They can also get the VITEEE application form from the designated post offices by paying Rs 1200 in cash.
- Candidates must fill the OMR application form carefully and sent it in the envelope that is provided.
- They must affix a photograph as specified in the application form and sign at the designated place. The signature of the parent or guardian is also mandatory.
- The filled up VITEEE application should be sent either through registered post or speed post. Candidates will receive an SMS about the receipt of the application form of VITEEE.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
To appear for VITEEE, candidates need to fulfil certain academic criteria, age criteria etc which have been summed up below. Candidates can go through the given VITEEE eligibility criteria before filling the application forms.
· Non-Resident Indian
· Person of Indian Origin
· OCI Holder
|Age Requirement||Born on or after July 1, 1996|
|Educational Qualification||· Candidates who are appearing or have passed the 10+2 higher secondary exam which is conducted by ISC, CBSE, any State board
· Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
· General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply
|Qualifying marks Requirement||· General Category- Candidates should have scored an aggregate of 60% in Maths, Physics and Chemistry in 10+2
· SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states- Candidates should have scored an average 50% marks in Physics, Maths and Chemistry in 10+2 or its equivalent exam
VITEEE Exam Centers 2020
Candidates must choose the exam centre of their choice while filling in the application form. VITEEE will be held in exam centres in 124 cities across India. Outside India, VITEEE will be held in test centres across Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Qatar. Candidates, however, will have a choice to confirm their VITEEE exam centres while booking their slots for the test. Since the slot booking is in real-time, candidates are advised to book their slots and select exam centres as soon as possible. The sooner candidates do it, the better it will be for them. Candidates can select the VITEEE exam centres and book their slots for the online test as per the availability. Candidates can select at least two test centres for VITEEE entrance exam while filling the application form.
VITEEE Slot Booking 2020
The slot booking for VITEEE will open tentatively in the third week of March 2020 when candidates will have to book for a slot, date and time as per their convenience and when they can appear in the test. VITEEE slot booking will be on a first come first serve basis and has to be completed before candidates can download their admit card. Slot booking of VITEEE is on a real-time basis.
How to do VITEEE Slot Booking 2020?
- Candidates have to log in to be able to book their VITEEE 2020 test slots.
- After logging in they must choose the date as well as time in addition to the exam center where they wish to appear for the test.
- Since the VITEEE 2020 slot booking is on a real-time basis, candidates will have a fixed time frame within which they can book a test slot of their convenience.
- While booking the slot of VITEEE 2020, candidates will be able to know the details and address of the exam center where they wish to appear for the exam.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card only if they book the slot as the address and test slot details will be mentioned on the same.
- In case of non-booking of slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the University on the basis of the information provided in the application form.
VITEEE Admit Card 2020
Once the candidates have booked their VITEEE 2020 slot, an e-admit card of VITEEE 2020 will be generated online. Candidates must take a printout of the same on A4 size only and carry it to the exam center on the date of the exam. The VITEEE admit card 2020 will carry photograph of the candidate along with the admit card number, test center details as well as the exam schedule. Candidates must check that all the information mentioned on the VITEEE admit card is correct. If there is any discrepancy, then it should be brought to the notice of the VIT at the earliest. VITEEE admit card 2020 will also be sent through e-mail to the candidates. Candidates must ensure that they carry with them the admit card on the day of the exam and it should be in good condition and not mutilated. A photocopy of the filled application form of VITEEE 2020 along with any one of the following identification proofs also has to be brought along to the exam centre:
- School of College Photo ID Card
- 12th standard board exam hall ticket/admit card with photo
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
How to download VITEEE 2020 Admit Card?
- Go to the admit card link and click on it and book your VITEEE slot.
- Now, you have to enter your application number, online test booking password and security code.
- After booking their exam slots of VITEEE , candidates will get their VITEEE admit card online.
- Now, they can download VITEEE admit card and keep it safe after taking the printout.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
- Candidates must reach the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-Admit card and register their name on the registration counter and carry the VITEEE admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
- Sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator.
- Do not carry any text material, printed or written, bits of papers or any material like electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras and music systems, etc, except the admit card and photo ID prrof inside the examination hall.
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2020?
Prior to preparation for VITEEE, it is imperative that candidates have a good knowledge of what to study, what questions to expect and practice as far as possible. This can be possible by checking and understanding the exam pattern, knowing the syllabus and practising with previous year question papers.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2020
VITEEE will be conducted in online mode in 3 sessions daily from April , 2020. It’s important that aspiring candidates check the exam pattern of VITEEE which will allow then to know the type of questions to expect, duration of the exam, marking scheme and more. Preparation for the exam can be built and honed with this knowledge of exam pattern of VITEEE .
- VITEEE will have total 125 questions
- The exam will be held in 2.30 hours
- The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the prescribed syllabus
- Candidates will also be tested in their grasp of English.
- There is no negative marking for the entrance test.
Number of Questions & Marking scheme of VITEEE
|S. No||Sections||Total Number of questions||Marks per questions||Total Marks|
VITEEE Syllabus 2020
VITEEE syllabus is prescribed and released by VIT which includes important units, chapters and topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Candidates can prepare well for each of the sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English by going through the syllabus of VITEEE . Questions asked in the exam will be from the prescribed VITEEE syllabus. Candidates are advised to check the detailed syllabus before starting their preparation. The syllabus is segregate subject wise and topic wise. The VITEEE syllabus primarily covers the 10+2 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates are advised to match this up with their class XII syllabus so that they can combine and prepare themselves for both.
VITEEE Sample papers 2020
VITEEE sample papers are one of the best resources to practice and prepare well for VITEEE . The sample papers of VITEE have been released by VIT for aspiring candidates so that they can practise from them. The objective to provide VITEEE sample papers is to help the candidates understand the type of questions that are likely to be asked in VITEEE. Candidates can also hone their time management skills as well as build an exam strategy to be used on the day of the exam. VITEEE sample papers are given by VIT as per different years and separately as per the sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
VITEEE Answer Key 2020
VIT does not release VITEEE answer key as the entrance test – VITEEE is online. If it’s released by VIT, we will provide it for the candidates. The answer key of VITEEE contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. Some coaching institutes may provide VITEEE answer key. In that case, we will also publish it for candidates to enable them to compare their answers and estimate their scores in the exam.
VITEEE 2020 Rank Predictor
Candidates can know their probable rank with the help of the rank predictor tool of VITEEE . They can just log in using their Careers360 or FB or Google accounts and enter their expected marks in the VITEEE exam. The VITEEE rank predictor tool will display their probable rank allowing candidates to now their chances of admissions.
VITEEE Cutoff 2020
VIT does not release VITEEE cutoff in the form of marks, but releases it in the form of closing ranks. These closing ranks of the candidates in VITEEE becomes the cutoff of VITEEE. Candidates are required to score the cutoff of VITEEE to be eligible for admission in the various B.Tech programmes at VIT. Candidates can avail the VITEEE cutoff as soon as VIT announces the same. However, they can check VITEEE cutoff for previous years.
VITEEE Result 2020 & Rank List
The result of VITEEE will be declared tentatively on April , 2020 in the online mode. Candidates can check the VITEEE result by entering their application number and password. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in VITEEE. The equating methodology propagated by VIT will be adopted while preparing the VITEEE merit list. Candidates will be informed about the rank secured by them through SMS.
VITEEE Counselling 2020
The counselling for VITEEE will take place in two phases for those candidates who have cleared the VITEEE exam. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the rank secured by them in the VITEEE entrance exam. It is imperative for the candidates to attend the counselling in person. Candidates will be informed about the counselling schedule through sms and email. The number of seats available for each branch at different participating institutes will be displayed at the counselling centre. Accordingly, candidates can make an appropriate choice. Failure of the candidates to attend the counselling on the allotted date and time will result in the cancellation of his candidature. Shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in counselling only after the verification of their documents. Candidates will have to bring with them the specified documents in original along with two sets of photocopies at the time of counselling. Payment of the part fees of Rs 50,000 has to be done by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’payable at Vellore.
VIT University – Vellore Campus
Vellore- 632 014
Tamil Nadu, India
Fax: 91-416-2243092, 91-416-2240411
University Website: http://www.vit.ac.in/
VITEEE FAQs 2020
1. When will the application form of VITEEE be available?
Ans. VITEEE online application form is available from November 1, while the offline application is available from November 9 onwards.
2. Are the dates different for both online and offline application form of VITEEE ?
Ans. Yes, the opening date of the online and offline application form is different, but the closing date is same for both modes. VITEEE online application is available from November 1, while the offline application is available from November . The last date for filling the application form of VITEEE in both modes is February 2020.
3. What is the date of VITEEE exam?
Ans. VITEEE will be held from April 4 to April 15, in 3 session every day at VIT-VELLORE, VIT-CHENNAI, VIT-BHOPAL and VIT-AP campuses. However, at all the other exam centres, VITEEE will be conducted from April 2020.
4. I made mistakes in my application. Will there be correction dates for VITEEE 2020?
Ans. Yes, you can make changes in the application form by logging using their application number. Candidates can make changes except in email Id, mobile number, address details etc. and submit it till February, 2020, which is the last date.
5. When can I download the admit card of VITEEE 2020?
Ans. VITEEE admit card 2020 can be downloaded tentatively from the second week of March 2020 by entering application number and online test booking password. The copy of the e-admit card will also be mailed to candidates.