A brief on VITMEE 2020:
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has released the application form of VITMEE 2020 on February 22 in online mode. Candidates can fill and edit the application form of VITMEE 2020 till May 2020. VIT University will conduct VITMEE 2020 on 1st week of June for candidates seeking admission into M.Tech programmes offered by the university. VIT Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) will be conducted in the online mode. GATE qualified candidates will also be required to appear for VITMEE examination in order to secure a seat in M.Tech in VIT University. Candidates must make sure that they check and meet the VITMEE 2020 eligibility criteria before proceeding towards filling the application form. Along with the application form, candidates need to make payment of Rs 1121 as the application fee. Candidates can book the test slot for VITMEE and download the admit card tentatively in last week of May 2020. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be called for VITMEE counselling 2020. During the counselling process, candidates need to produce documents for the verification. To know more details related to VITMEE 2020, read full article below.
VITMEE 2020 Overview
|1||Exam Name||VIT Master’s Entrance Examination|
|2||Commonly Known As||VITMEE|
|3||Exam type||University Level|
|4||Exam Level||Post Graduate|
|5||Conducting Authority||VIT University|
|6||Mode of Application||Online|
|7||Mode of Examination||Online|
Programmes Offered For M.Tech
|S. No||Vellore Campus||Chennai Campus|
|1||Automotive Electronics||Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing|
|2||Automotive Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)|
|3||Biomedical Engineering||CSE (Big Data Analytics)|
|4||Biotechnology||CSE (Cloud Computing)|
|5||Communication Engineering||Communication Engineering|
|6||Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing||Embedded Systems|
|7||Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
· CSE (Big data Analytics)
· CSE (Information Security)
|8||Computer and Communication Engineering||Power Electronics and Drives|
|9||Control and Automation||Structural Engineering|
|10||Embedded Systems||VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integration Design)|
|11||Energy and Environmental Engineering|
|12||Information Technology [Networking]|
|15||Nanotechnology [Supported by Nanomission, DST]|
|16||Power Electronics and Drives|
|17||Sensor System Technology|
|19||VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integration Design)|
|20||M.Des – Industrial Design|
VITMEE 2020 Important Dates
It is a must for candidates to know all the VITMEE important dates 2020 so that they don’t miss any event. Referring given below table, candidates can keep a track on all the important dates of VITMEE 2020.
|Online application form availability||2nd Week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd Week of May 2020|
|Starting of slot booking||Last week of May 2020|
|VITMEE 2020 exam date||1st Week of June 2020|
|Result declaration||2nd Week of June 2020|
|Merit list release||2nd Week of June 2020|
|Beginning of counselling||3rd Week of June 2020|
Candidates applying for the entrance exam must meet and check the eligibility criteria of VITMEE 2020. Mentioned below is the VITMEE eligibility criteria for candidates reference: VITMEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Candidate should be Indian resident Indian national and should have graduated from Institutions located in India.
- Qualifying marks:Candidates should have graduated with a full-time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Consistent Record in X and XII Std is required.
- Candidates appearing for their final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have completed their final Semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
- The candidates should produce a statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before August 2020, failing which admission will be canceled with the forfeit of the admission fee.
- Age Criteria– There is no age criteria for applying VITMEE 2020.
VITMEE Application Form
The application form of VITMEE 2020 is available from February in online mode. Along with the VITMEE application form , candidates need to pay Rs 1121 as the application fee. Candidates can pay the fee only through online mode- credit/debit card or net banking. Candidates need to make sure that they fill the VITMEE 2020 application form till May 2020.
Steps to fill VITMEE Application Form
- Register by entering the name, gender, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
- User Id and password will be generated and send to registered mail and mobile number.
- Log-in using the newly generated password and email address.
- Enter academic, personal details and upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Pay application fee through net banking/credit/debit card or DD and submit the application form.
VITMEE Exam Centres
Candidates can refer given below table to know the exam centres of VITMEE 2020. Mentioned below are the cities along with code where the entrance examination, VITMEE 2020 will be held.
How to prepare for VITMEE 2020?
To prepare for the entrance exam, candidates must be aware of the exam pattern, syllabus to be covered, books and topics to be referred. To help candidates in their precipitation for VITMEE 2020 mentioned below is the detailed information related to exam pattern, syllabus etc for their reference.
VITMEE Exam Pattern 2020
It is important for a candidate to be aware of the exam pattern of VITMEE 2020 before proceeding towards preparation. VITMEE will be held on 1st week of June. The entrance exam is computer-based test (CBT) for two hours which will carry 100 multiple choice questions. The maximum marks is 100 among which 80 will be from the chosen technical subject and 20 will be from English communication. There is ‘No’ negative marks for the incorrect response.
|Paper||Total questions||Total Marks||Type of questions||Time Duration||Language|
|VITMEE||100||100||Objective (multiple choice questions)||2 hours||English|
Given below table carries subjects along with their codes that will VITMEE 2020 question papers consist of:
|C I||Civil Engineering|
|C E||Chemical Engineering|
|E E||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|E I||Instrumentation Engineering|
|E C||Electronics and Communication Engineering & Computer and Communication Engineering|
|IT||Computer Science Engineering & Information Technology|
|L S||Life Sciences|
|M E||Mechanical Engineering|
|MC||Master of Computer Applications|
VITMEE Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of VITMEE 2020 will carry topics and units that need to be covered for the entrance exam to get admission in M.Tech offered by the university. Candidates must know the VITMEE 2020 syllabus as it will help them to prepare for the entrance exam in better way. VITMEE 2020 will be held in 13 disciplines excluding Pharmacy. However, entrance exam will have English Communication (Common to All Subjects) which will cover 20 Questions of the VITMEE 2020 exam paper.
VITMEE 2020 English Communication Syllabus
Subject – Verb Agreement
Articles and Preposition
Use of Conjunctions
|2||Writing Technical Instructions|
|3||Writing Memos & Writing Minutes|
VITMEE Sample Papers
VIT University will provide VITMEE sample papers in online mode to all the candidates who wish to appear for the entrance exam. With the help of sample papers of VITMEE , candidates can prepare in better way. Practising VITMEE sample papers will help candidates to increase their speed and manage time accordingly. It will enable candidates to get an idea of nature of the questions that will come in exam, time allotted and the marking scheme of the paper.
VITMEE Slot Booking
Candidates will be able to book their test slot tentatively in last week of May in online mode. The slot booking of VITMEE 2020 will be done on first-come- first serve basis, subject to the availability of seats. There maybe chances that candidates do not the slot of their choice. This happens due to non-availability of slots in a center of choice. However, the candidate may choose to book a slot in another center of his /her choice. What candidates need to remember while booking a test slot is that once booked slot cannot be changed. The examination authority will not entertained any request for change of date, slot or test center. Therefore, candidates must be very carefully while booking test slot of VITMEE.
Steps to Book Test Slot of VITMEE 2020 – Once candidates submit the online application form of VITMEE 2020 they will receive a mail on their registered e-mail address where link and the corresponding log-in credentials (user id & password) will be given.
- Choose from the available options on test schedule (date & time), test center and book the test slot of VITMEE 2020.
- A confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the registered e-mail address.
- Candidates should download or take a print out of the same for the future reference.
VITMEE Admit Card 2020
Candidates can download the VITMEE 2020 admit card tentatively in the last week of May. Candidates must be aware that admit card of VITMEE 2020 will not be faxed or sent by post or e-mail personally. After downloading candidates should carefully examine the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, candidate should write to Director (PG Admissions). VITMEE admit card will carry information like candidate name, registration number, photograph, signature, postal address, slot, date of examination and also the address of their test centre, test schedule and set of instructions for the test. Candidates will have to produce VITMEE 2020 admit card at the time of entrance exam, counselling and admission process.
The examination authority will declare the VITMEE result tentatively in the second week of June in online mode. To check result of VITMEE , candidates need to log-in using their credentials – roll number and date of birth. Candidates will be shortlisted for counselling and admission based on their performance in the entrance exam and their VITMEE result .
The cutoff of VITMEE 2020 will be the minimum score decided by VIT University which will be mandatory for the candidates to acquire to be eligible for admissions. Only candidates who secure the minimum cutoff score or marks or above that cut-off score will be called to participate in the counselling round. However, VIT University officially does not release VITMEE 2020 cutoff.
The admission authority will held VITMEE 2020 counselling from 2nd week June . During counselling process candidates will have to produce requisite documents, both original and photocopies for verification. The shortlisted candidates will have to personally attend the counselling of VITMEE 2020 on the scheduled date and time. Candidates will be shortlisted for VITMEE counselling 2020 on the basis of their performance in the VIT Master’s Entrance Examination. Candidates will be intimated through SMS on their registered mobile about the interview/counselling process. Selected candidates will have to pay Rs. 12,000 towards counselling fee. The VITMEE counselling fees is Non-Refundable. However, the counselling fee will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University. University will only accept the computerised DD that is payable to ‘VIT University’, at Vellore). If candidates fail to pay the fees before the given date and time, their name will be removed from the admission list.
Documents to be Produce at the Time of VITMEE Counselling 2020
- VITMEE 2020Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- Class X and XII marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/years of the qualifying examination up to prefinal/final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/Migration Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received)
- GATE 2018 score card
- Service Certificate/No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer (For sponsored candidates)
- Caste Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- Demand Draft for Rs. 10,000, drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
Note: In case a candidate fails to produce any of the mentioned above documents, his/her candidature will stand canclled .
Documents to be Submitted at the Time of Admission – Candidates need to submit mentioned below documents in original along with the two copies of all the certificates at the time of admission. Candidates must be aware of that original certificates once submitted will be returned only after completion of/withdrawal from the programme.
- Class X and XII Marks statements
- Marksheets of all semesters/years of the qualifying examination upto prefinal/final year
- Qualifying Degree/Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied. (If already received)
- Migration Certificate
- Valid GATE 2019 score card
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer (For sponsored candidates)
- Caste Certificate (for all categories except OC/General)
- Conduct Certificate
- Advance Fee Receipt
- Admission letter and a photocopy of the programme fee receipt
- Four copies of recent passport size colour photograph
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form(to be issued by the University at the time of admission)
- Affidavit to be signed separately by the student & parent in R s . 20/- Stamp Paper
Note: After the document verification is done, University Registration Number/ID will be generated to the candidates.
VITMEE Fee Structure
Power Electronics and Drives
Control and Automation
Energy & Environmental Engg.
M.Des (Industrial Design)
CSE (Cloud Computing,)
CSE ( Big Data Analytics)
CSE ( Information Security)
Computer & Communication Engg
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 1||Category 2||Category 1||Category 2|
Note: One time payment for Category 1 and Category 2-
- Admission fee Rs. 5,000;
- Caution Deposit (refundable) Rs. 2,000
- Fee includes Tuition fee, Placement fee and Special fee (Examination, Library etc.,)
**For M.Tech. in Automative Enggineering only first category is available.